I ate emotionally last night....

Lucky~Star

BUT DID NOT CHEAT!!

Last night I was generally fed up with my other half and stomping around 'cleaning the kitchen' (generally banging pots and pans and making myself heard!). For the past week i've been going to the gym so I agreed with my CDC that I would have a SS+ meal on the days I worked out. Since I didn't work out yesterday I wasn't intending to have the meal but I was so fed up I just thought "Bugger it! I'm eating!" I grabbed what was left of the quorn mince (about 100g) and a handful of spinach leaves, stirfried them up and added some spices. I think I inhaled the bowl of food.

I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing.

I already know that it was bad that I automatically turned to food to make myself feel better but considering the things that were around which I could have grabbed to eat I did well by making good choices. I didn't even binge as it was a tiny portion.

They say that it takes 21 days to break or make a habit snd i've now been on this diet for 19 days. Maybe i've already broken some of my bad habits but I think i'll still have to work on why I turned to food at all if I have any chance of being successful in this diet in the long term.

What is good is that you recognised the signs and are aware of what happened and the reason behind it. As eating goes, it was to no detriment to the diet but well done you for the way you handled it.
You should be proud x

((hugs)) well done for not eating rubbish! :D And for recognising that in that mood and emotional state you DO eat.. and need to (I'm the same and had to laugh at your banging pots comment - I once did a fostering training course where they asked us to write down our coping mechanisms when stressed I wrote down 'banging pots' literally). :)

I guess keeping yourself out of the kitchen will help next time but you have done so well and should be proud! :D

But you did great! you realised it were emotional eating (im terible for it until i started this again) and you didnt eat crap.

Do something else though to keep your mind occupied - have you thought about stating a diary on here in case you havent already?

:hug99::hug99::hug99:

Back