I better have good weight loss!!

Tomorrow I will be into my 4th week and it will be be my 3rd weigh in. I didnt go last week as my CD was away. In the 2nd week I only lost 2.86lbs, if tomorrow I dont have a decent weight loss Im going to get really p*****d off!

CD is so expensive but I thought, never mind make the sacrifice if you see results, not sure how I will react tomorrow if I dont. :confused:

I dont notice any difference in my clothes or body, plus I exercise x2/day.

Has anyone ever thought if we ate a few salads a day and one with protein, plus take multivitamins and drink lots of water, wouldnt we lose more than 3 pathetic lbs!!

obviously, it's your choice - but there's a reason i'm on CD, and that's that nothing else has worked for me. and CD does. Maybe not as fast as I would always wish (and you *know* I've struggled with my low losses) - but I'm not hungry like i would be any other way, and I'm not tempted to cheat.

Any VLCD you put together yourself would be unlikely to be as nutritionally complete, unless you were eating a lot more calories. And if you were, then your losses would be even slower than this.

but you might feel differently, and that's ok too. you have to take the path that makes you happiest, after all.

Hi there
I am sure you will be fine, BUT if the scales do not reflect a whopping loss I would look at your exercise regime. Your body may find the twice daily workouts too much on so few a calories and be in shock. Speak to your CDC for advice ( it does appear there isn't a hard and fast rule for this!).
Good luck and look forward to reading your results.
Dolly

wow thats amazing well done!!

well done - 10.5lb is amazing! ;) There does appear to be evidence that suggests that your body holds onto the pounds if you exercise and Cambridge don't really recommend too much exercise of SS, having said all that if its working for you which it clearly is..... FANTASTIC loss though, well done. - PGD x

Btw Ive had excellent loss of cm's since I started, my CDC thinks this is due to the fact that I do exercise, Ive lost for example 16cm on each leg!

She definately recommends exercise, anyway even though you wouldnt think, I love exercise and if I dont do it I get withdrawal symptoms, when I had my thyoid removed the one thing that annoyed me was the fact that I couldnt use my treadmill!

Hi, well done on your losses!

What kind of exercise do you do and how much if you don't mind me asking? I currently go to the gym 5 x a week for over an hour but started to feel quite lethargic after... how do you feel? Are you doing only SS?

Hi, well done on your losses!

What kind of exercise do you do and how much if you don't mind me asking? I currently go to the gym 5 x a week for over an hour but started to feel quite lethargic after... how do you feel? Are you doing only SS?

i always buzz after a gym session and bounce with energy. over an hour 5 times a week is quite a considerable amount of exercise. i would say halve it and be smart with your exercise. exercise in intervals, add weights. focus on just the 30 mins and make the most of it.

Thanks for getting back to me! This week I did 40 minutes 5 x a week and I can't believe how much a difference it made!! I feel so much better and really enjoy it too :)

u have spurred me on to carry on with the excercise!! well done on ur loss hun, am soo pleased for u xx

3.9 lbs is a great weight loss. Thats 1/2 a stone every 2 weeks which is incredible. The "average" as stated by CD is a stone a month so 3.5ish lbs a week. I(before my 6 month lapse)would work out all my losses based on 3lbs a week and was pleased with that. I was worried that if I expected the mega "first week" type losses (which most people seem to only get the first week) and didn't get them then i would feel despondent. I found thinking of it in terms of butter (packets of lost!) really helped. The other thing is weight loss isn't linear - some weeks you willl be up a little and others down a little - but it will all balance out.

Keep going - you are doing great

u have spurred me on to carry on with the excercise!! well done on ur loss hun, am soo pleased for u xx

Even though its been 2 weeks now I have lost 17 cms in 35 days on my legs, I lost a lot in the first 3 weeks. I have hypothyroid and PCOS - my CD says that I have better weight and cm loss that a person on CD without health issues who dont exercise. Keep up the exercise, its speeds up the weight loss!

Back