i brought a xmas card to day

metrognome

is getting better at it
for my pregnant niece and on the front it says happy christmas from the bump with lots of love and wiggles,
but i have no idea what to write inside the card any ideas please
thanks

How about 'Merry Christmas Mummy - can't wait to meet you and spend next Christmas together - you'll be my best present! Lots of Love, Baby xxx'

Or something similar?

P.S Have never seen these cards - how cute is it?!

hi i got it in the card factory, it show a christmas pic and a pregnant woman sat on the sofa with her hands on her belly and couldnt resist it, thanks for the idea as what to write

I dont mean to sound negative but are you definitely sure she'll appreciate it?

A friend of mine got a similar thing and was horrified, shes the type of person who would only buy basic stuff in before the baby arrived and had everything on order and not in the house. She really didnt like the idea of the card in the slightest although it was absolutely bought with the best of intention...

Personally I think it is awful and far from cute. What on earth will the card manufacturers find to make money out of next.

It is daft, a card from an unborn baby........what next !!!

wow sorry, that really put my fire out to put it politley and will make me think very carefully before i post again

Metrognome - that's only peoples opinions as they only want you to be sure she'd appreciate it. I just had a baby in October but if I didn't & someone give me that card I don't think I would've liked it. I'm not having ago just my opinion, it's just in case God forbid something happened to the baby.

I know where you are coming from about it being cute & the thought is there, just be careful that's all hun.

XXXX

I think its lovely, i would of loved one :) My ex bought me a mothers day card from bump and i still have it in his memory box and he is now 8 :)

I think if you initially thought she would like it, then she most likely will do. After all, you know your niece better than any one of us.

My sister had a little baby girl, and she was so excited before she was born that she loved all the little things like that. Her fiance bought her a birthday card and xmas card from her 'bump'. She is keeping them to go in her memory box.

It just comes down to what your gut feeling is on the card.
By the way - i think michelinmummy's suggestion of what to write is very sweet =]

wow sorry, that really put my fire out to put it politley and will make me think very carefully before i post again

Hey !!! Don't be a silly, billy. There are worse opinions than that posted on this site. Just look at the X Factor thread .

It just boils down to ones personal opinions. I stand by mine but don't expect you to change yours or any of the posters who are in firm agreement with you. I think it is a lovely gesture on your part.............just not for me.

Awww sorry missus I didn't mean to sound negative just wanted you to be aware of the other way of thinking about things.

I agree with you on this one. I know of pregnant ladies who will not even have the new buggy in the house until after the baby is safely here.

This is a lovely site. No one would deliberately hurt another member. We enjoy the freedom to express ourselves kindly and politely. It is the adult way to do things.

Personally I think it is awful and far from cute. What on earth will the card manufacturers find to make money out of next.

It is daft, a card from an unborn baby........what next !!!

I'm sorry to say but I found this comment rude. I know you didn't intend for it to come across that way but I actually was taken aback when I read it.

The fact I've even said that will probably now make me a target for criticism as usually when I don't agree with something I've read on here I tend to just move on and not say anything but I do honestly think the blunt reply here was hurtful and unneccessary to be honest.

I understand why others have said to think it through carefully before she sends the card and that is fine but I think the way that post was written came across as both critical and rude.

I'm sorry if this upsets you but I do also see why metrognome wrote that she will think carefully before she posts again. I would too if I'd been 'hurt' like that.

I'll say again that I don't think that was your intention (have read many posts by you Filly and never before been offended by your replies!) but it did seem short.

As for metrognome - I hope you read this sweetie and see that everyone is thinking of you. :)

Oooh and just to add....I don't see this as any more daft than the cards you get that say...'From the cat' etc etc! Which by the way I have sent - LOL

I'm sorry to say but I found this comment rude. I know you didn't intend for it to come across that way but I actually was taken aback when I read it.

The fact I've even said that will probably now make me a target for criticism as usually when I don't agree with something I've read on here I tend to just move on and not say anything but I do honestly think the blunt reply here was hurtful and unneccessary to be honest.

I understand why others have said to think it through carefully before she sends the card and that is fine but I think the way that post was written came across as both critical and rude.

I'm sorry if this upsets you but I do also see why metrognome wrote that she will think carefully before she posts again. I would too if I'd been 'hurt' like that.

I'll say again that I don't think that was your intention (have read many posts by you Filly and never before been offended by your replies!) but it did seem short.

As for metrognome - I hope you read this sweetie and see that everyone is thinking of you. :)

I consider myself well and truly told off but am glad you realise that I did not intend to offend, just stating my views. I stick by those views. I think a whole load of cards on sale at present are ridiculous but that does not mean to say I think you should not have the freedom to send them if you want to.

I hope I am never rude !!!! Just honest and perhaps in this case a little blunt.

As for you coming in for critisism....why ??? You are as entitled to say whatever you want as the next person is and as this is directed at me it is down to me to defend myself or to apologise and I have chosen to apologise. There is certainly no critisism from me quite the opposite, I admire you for writing what you feel and for defending someone you felt needed defending.

Oooh and just to add....I don't see this as any more daft than the cards you get that say...'From the cat' etc etc! Which by the way I have sent - LOL

Needless to say I think these are daft as well but as I said before, I think they are daft so I don't send them. You don't think they are daft so you do send them. It is called freedom of choice and freedom of speech. Long may it live.

hugs xxxx
bighug.gif

I would also err on the side of caution here. My mother-in-law bought my other half a fathers day card when I was pregnant, and it went straight in the bin. We thought it was inappropriate as the baby hadn't been born safely and healthily yet, and also, it wasn't her place to buy his first fathers day card, so we thought that was a bit thoughtless.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but just to make sure it will be taken as you intended it, and that you won't be stepping on the dad-to-be's toes.

And please don't be upset by the replies you've received. I can understand your reaction, but take the constructive on board, and ignore the other stuff!

x

Thank you for perfectly understanding exactly what it was I was trying to portray!

I did only say something because it seemed so out of character for you Sue :)

Anyway - aren't we all fab?!

Thank you for perfectly understanding exactly what it was I was trying to portray!

I did only say something because it seemed so out of character for you Sue :)

Anyway - aren't we all fab?!

We sure are and I am so glad we are back on track again !!!

I have sent a private message to metrognome.

bighug.gif

fillymum i have pm'd you to
i did take on board what was said and thought about it, when i saw her later that day i told her i had brought the card and that wasnt sure if she would like it but she was over the moon with it.

in all honesty it never crossed my mind that it might upset her
thank you all for the comments and sorry i was a bit touchy

That's fabulous news. I would have loved a card like that when I was pregnant but like some posters have said other women are very cautious.

I hope she does love it and she has a nice easy pregnancy and short labour xxx

Back