I can do it and I will do it!

Crystal tips

Hi all

Thought I'd explain a little bit about myself. I am 29 years old, I have 3 kids and the most amazing fiance ever.
I have always battled with my weight ever since I was little, comfort eating, being the main problem.
I got to my skinniest (size 14) when I split up with my daughters father in 2004. My daughter Caitlin was 3 at the time. But then a year later I met my fiance Lee. I ended up slipping back into the comfort routine and because Lee always compliments me no matter how I look, gaining weight never worried me.
Soon there was the sound of tiny little feet again. I had my son Jack in 2006 by c-section. I Found it really hard to shift any weight especially from my stomach area. Next thing I know, the sound of more tiny feet. My son Adam was born, by c-section again, in 2008. Through my pregnancy with Adam I did lose alot of weight and when he was born I looked alot better and healthier.
Then came the year from hell... .
On July 4th 2008, Lee's daughter Megan (who I thought of just as my own) passed away at the age of 6. Although we all knew Megan had a terminal illness and was only given weeks to live at birth, it still hits you like a knife through the heart. Trying to be strong for Lee and also be there for the kids I found it really hard. I turned to my usual comfort foods and alcohol to help me sleep. A few weeks later a so called friend done a runner with just short of a grand of our money, my partner was already struggling at this point being a self employed joiner. After a couple of months life started to get a little easier... Then... Lee's back went resulting in him being on the sick for over 6months only being able to claim £12.35 sick pay, bloody rediculous. On such low money coming into the house we lived on rubbish, filled ourselves up on crisps and chocolate. We also had no other choice than to pack in smoking. We just simply couldn't aford it anymore.
In May this year I joined slimming world after gaining yet another 4.5 stone within 6 months. In the last 17 weeks I have lost just over 2 stone and I already feel like a different person. I am determined to keep losing weight and to top it all off I have been smoke free for 10 months!
Well thats enough said about me. Think I might have rambled a bit too much lol.

*hugs* I think your doing incredibly well.
I look forward to reading your diary the more you add to it :)

Sending you lots of love x

Thankyou very much. You have done amazing! This site is excellent. It's away of sharing information and ideas but also putting down how you feel and having people like yourself support you x

Well done on your weight loss so far and good luck

Back