I can do it!

Yet another lapse on the diary. When will I learn that menu planning really works for me.

Have joined soup challenge and three month challenge to end of year. I simply have to get myself sorted as now on thyroxine which means weight will pile on if I'm not careful. I promised myself I would not use it as an excuse

Meal plan for tomorrow

Red day with one meal soup

Breakfast

Scrambled egg and grilled tomato

Lunch

Spicy tomato and carrot soup.

Dinner

Grilled chicken in tomato basil sauce, cauliflower mash, carrot and kale (last two from the garden)
Cherries and fat free yogurt with chocolate options

Challenge means I have to drink 2l a day not including tea, coffee and soup. I find this so hard. (Goes off to get another glass of water)

Also have to up the exercise. Have been putting off restarting kettlebells. Don't know why as I used to feel great after every session and it's only 20 mins every other day. Will do it this evening.

I did it! Stuck to plan yesterday (just) and I'd a kettlebell session at 8pm having put it off all day. Felt brilliant afterwards.

Hoping that menu planning will help me stay on track. Looking forward to breakfast and have decided to add some mushrooms to the mix.

Quite a busy work day today so that should keep my mind off food. Picked about 4lbs of tomatoes yesterday so these need making into tomato sauce for pasta. Will freeze if I can get them into the freezer!

Today I am going to focus on fluid intake and am determined not to have any chocolate.

OH away working for 12 days from today so hopefully I will find it easier to stay on track. I am in the throes of starting my own business and have loads to do. The trick is planning so that I have no excuse to stray. The fridge and veg rack are full so I have no excuse.

Today is a red day in the soup challenge

Breakfast : scrambled eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes

Lunch: chicken and wood ear mushroom soup

Dinner: chicken and vegetable soup (will bulk out with broccoli and cauliflower) and fruit salad with fat free natural yogurt

Snacks: Apple slices, carrot sticks with Philly cheese and smoked paprika, options chocolate drink

Our water tastes foul at the moment, even with NAS squash. Am going to get bottled water which will make it easy to monitor my fluid intake. Peppermint tea is my preferred choice of hot drink anyway so going without tea or coffee is not a hardship.

Am going to dust off the 30 day shred DVD to add some variety to my exercise regime. Also need to blitz the house this week as have someone staying the weekend. She is almost like one of the Compulsive Cleaners on TV. I live in a large old house with wood fires and draughts - not a good combination but the spiders seem to like it. Have a calorie busting vacuum that weighs an absolute ton.

Doing the turbo soup challenge is making me up my game. I eat way too much at the moment and want to reduce my portion sizes to more "normal " ones. Having soup is a good way of doing that. If I'm still hungry will do back for second helpings rather than raiding the biccy tin. What would we do without people like Kay who give so much of their time to help others........

Yesterday was a lesson in how to chill if your plans go South. My son has won a fantastic promotion against all the odds so he took the family out to celebrate. Menu was not in the least bit healthy and even the soup option which I chose was heavy with cream. Made some good choices too - sparkling water and no dessert.

Today is a red day

Breakfast

Mushroom omelette

Lunch

Cauliflower and broccoli soup

Dinner

Tom Yam soup (prawns)

Grilled pork and veg

Snacks

Muller yogurt (mandarin my favourite!) orange, carrot sticks with smoked paprika dip

Exercise

30 day shred and one hour walking

Spent an hour sorting summer and winter clothes last night. Disappointed that last year's clothes barely fit which just shows how much weight I have put back on. Will not allow this to derail me but use it to spur me on. Half a stone is all it will take to be back where I was. Have a gorgeous black dress which is super slimming. Can almost do the zip up but it shows every lump and bump. This is the outfit I aspire to get into comfortably by Christmas. At least I won't have to spend any money on clothes

Tomorrow is a red day again

Breakfast

Yogurt and banana

Lunch

Spiced Cauliflower soup

Dinner

Tom yam soup with prawns

Kettlebell time again. Will have to get up early to do them.

Back