I can do this...

katie79

Hello...

I have been reading all the diaries on here and am finding them so helpful and inspirational! Now I've posted a few times and feel a bit braver I thought I would start one of my own!

My name is Kate and I am a serial dieter...I have fallen off the SW and WW wagon so many times and even tried CD a few years, I lost but put it straight back on.

In the last 3 years I have piled on the lb's, I have hidden behind my 'big and bubbly' personality for far to long and my self confidence has taken a nose dive in the last 12 months. I hate my appearance, feel uncomfortable in everything I wear and have started walking like I'm 62 not 32 because my weight makes my short fat hairy legs buckle under the pressure lol!! I'm sick of being told "yes but you've got a lovely face" I want to feel confident, comfortable and sexy!!!

I have a fabulous son, 9 and a wonderful OH who is very supportive bless him. I know he is proud of me doing this and that helps a lot! We plan to get married but their is no chance whatsoever that I would do it looking as I do!

My starting weight is 22st 7.5lb's wow what a whopper lol!!!

I can't face thinking of it as needing to loose 10+ stone so my first target is to fit into a size 18 , I'm size 24 at the moment.

Because of my BMI my CDC advised me to begin on SS+ well I wasn't keen, I feel that taking food out of the equation is the way forward for me, at the moment anyway! I started last Tuesday (15.05.12) and was 100% until Friday evening when I had chicken, salad and some baby new potatoes. I felt crap...like a bit horrible failure, vowed not to do it again but promptly did it again last night, (Saturday). If that wasn't enough I scoffed some popcorn my son hadn't finished :sigh:

Really annoyed with myself, I was thinking that because of my starting weight I may well do almost 1 stone in the first week and that would really motivate me to keep going. I'm not ketosis this morning and it's WI tomorrow so god knows what the scales will say.

I'm not going to do my usual though and think sod it and stuff my face all day lol. I'm going to go and get loads of sparkling water to drink today to flush those evil carbs out and get my butt back into ketosis.

It feels quite liberating writing all this down!!! I'm so glad this site is here for support from so many like minded people who all battle with their food demons as I do! It really makes you realise that your not the only one, this diet does work and we can reach our goals!!! :)

Welcome! It take some people a few attempts to climb onto the ketosis bandwagon but just keep trying and you will get there!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Welcome! It take some people a few attempts to climb onto the ketosis bandwagon but just keep trying and you will get there!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I know, your right! My eating has been out of control for so long so this is just a blip. ;) x

Just back from Sainsbury's...they had small bottles of sparkling water reduced to 16p so I had the lot lol! 45 bottles to be precise. Got a few funny looks ;)

They also had Palmer's firming skin cream on offer so got a couple of bottles of that too, it was like CD heaven there today!!!

Bit of a look on here now while I have my first shake of the day then to begin the ironing pile from hell...

slowly lol! really wish i could stick to cd but doing sw this time. have a looooong way to go. This forum has been a huge help tho! you'll meet some fab people on here

slowly lol! really wish i could stick to cd but doing sw this time. have a looooong way to go. This forum has been a huge help tho! you'll meet some fab people on here

Your right there are some lovely people! Its helping me no end. I am thinking that once I have hit a size 16 I will go over to SW again and do the rest whilst learning how to eat properly. Once I'm that size I know I will feel so much better, I can't wait!!! x

Hi Katie
You are doing really well jumping straight back on CD after your little blip!
I have a similar amount to loss as you, as you know from your comments on my diary
I will be here with you every step of the way, as we all will
Keep up the good work. I know you can do it! :) :) xxx

Thank you love.

Was feeling pretty rough last night, so cold and naggy. I slept in a hoody and had the blanket under the duvet too but was still cold!

Hoping that had passed now...going to WI at 5pm so just praying it's a decent loss!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Xx

Good luck with tonight's weigh in and welcome to the forum. I'm new here too so looking forward to following your progress,

Hugs

Mem x

mem334 said:
Good luck with tonight's weigh in and welcome to the forum. I'm new here too so looking forward to following your progress,

Hugs

Mem x

Thank you and welcome to you too! Xx

:D:):D:)
Went for WI and lost 10lb's in 6 days I'm really pleased!!!

I really feel like it's possible this time to succeed at this which makes me feel so excited about the future!

Not feeling so cold and crappy tonight which is good. Didn't like that last night. Going to do OH his tea soon then read my cambridge magazine for some inspiration ;)

Back