I can have chips...free!!!!

KBQueen

Yummy Mummy in the making
I have just been on the SW website and there's a recipe on there which has chips in it and they're free on a green day :party0049:
SW is ace :D:D

Yep sure is! As long as you make them the SW way then they are free on green but I prefer the potato wedges

I love the SW chips. Really makes you feel like you are being 'naughty' and not on a diet at all. Especially served with baked beans and a fried egg.... I actually prefer them to oven chips as well and they are cheaper!

Emerald
X

Well, I forgot to take out the chicken breasts for tonights tea so we ended up having SW chips, egg and beans instead and the verdict is.......

....FAB! Felt like I was being really naughty and it was a totall syn free meal :D:D:D

Hi, do you parboil or microwave before they go in the oven ?? The chips that is !! Thanks Jo

I boiled mine for 10 mins then put in oven for 25 mins on kitchen foil lined tray. Lurvely :D:D

Hi, do you parboil or microwave before they go in the oven ?? The chips that is !! Thanks Jo

We used to parboil ours (as per the SW recipe). Then we found an identical WW recipe that doesn't mention parboiling them. So we just peel, chop and stick them in the oven. Saves some time and washing up :)

Our method is to peel, chop, put on a baking tray, spray with Frylight, season if required, and stick in the oven for 25 mins :)

Prob a daft question but is the only difference between the wedges and the chips the size of them? xxx

Pretty much, yes. Oh, and I guess people tend to leave the skins on wedges. Which sounds appealing in that there is even less preparation to do!

(says the lazy cook who has been known to microwave potatoes, cut them open, and scoop out the cooked potato for mash instead of peeling and cooking them!)

Yeah for wedges I just wash the spuds, chop them into wedge-shapes and put them on a foil lined tray sprayed with fry light. I spray them again on top them stick them in the oven. Easy peasy! I season mine with garlic salt and they are real yummy

We never buy oven chips anymore

Back