I can't beleive this

Yasmine

One last chance
I followed everything properly, ate everything that I should have and yet I gained 8lbs!! :cry: what's going on!!!!!

Are you doing Greens/Reds or EE? What about the portion sizes? Is it your * week? Do you have a food diary? Did you get weighed at group? Sorry for all the questions, but something has to be going wrong. Don't give up!

Didn't you just come off Cambridge or Lighterlife? Sometimes there's a gain when you start SW after a very low calorie diet whilst your body gets used to eating properly again. You'll have to tough it out and be strong.

I only eat what I can, it's not my * week, I don't expect my * to arrive anytime soon. I have a food diary, I showed it to my culsantant and she said I was doing fine. I was weighed at group too.

I have come off a TFR diet but that was about 4 or 3 weeks ago! i know i should have expected a gain before but now I should be able to lose the weight! :cry:

Didn't you just come off Cambridge or Lighterlife? Sometimes there's a gain when you start SW after a very low calorie diet whilst your body gets used to eating properly again. You'll have to tough it out and be strong.

I was on Lipotrim but that was a long time ago :(

It could be your body getting used to the different portion sizes or food now. What advice did your C give? I'm not sure if you are trying to do Reds or Greens? I've noticed that the Greens work much better for me although I do try to mix in some Red days. You need to see what works for your body.

Ive been following extra easy but they've been more like green days as I haven't been eating much meat chicken or fish.

My C told me to follow the diary plans in the books and picks meals from their and she's going to contact the nutritionist about me. If I gain again this week I don't know what I'll do.

I don't want to give contradicting advice to what your C said, but if this next week you gain (which I really hope you don't) then I would try to give the Red days a try. I know your motivation might be quite low at the moment, but just keep at it and you should see a change. Big virtual hug going out to you:hug99:

Meli, following red wont make any difference in the long term. It can in the short term by depleting glycogen and water stores, but it wont affect your fat loss. I don't know what a TFR diet is but with LighterLife for example, it can take 6 weeks of Slimming World for losses to start, or at least that is the information I was given when I was a consultant. The nutritionist should hopefully come back with some useful information for you, stick with it!

I know it's a disappointment to you at the moment, but stay focused and stay with the diet and you will find that your body will adjust and you could have a good loss next week, good luck to you.

Don't forget to drink plenty of water too about 1½ litres daily, water does help with your weight loss...

That can't be a "real" gain. That's a fortnight's all inclusive over indulgent holiday gain!

I honestly think this has got to be your bodies reaction to coming off a TFR, no matter how many weeks ago it was.

The only advice I can offer is stick with it, red, green or EE will work. Just try and stay with it Yasmine. It will work once your body has adapted to the food.

Yasmine I really feel for you :( Last time I did SW about my 3rd week I gained 5lbs and I had been sticking religeously to the diet hadn't gone over my syns and was absolutely gutted! Turned out because I had gone out the night before with friends and had been drinking vodka, it was all fluid. I know because the next week I lost 7lb! I don't know what everyone else is like but if I drink I hold on to water like no-bodies business. I hope that had something to do with your gain but hard as it might be try not to lose hope hopefully next week you will see a good loss.

Wendy

Didnt I see another thread where you said you were weighing later on in the day than normal Jasmine? If so, then that could account for a certain amount of weight gain as we get heavier as the day goes on. I know how hard it is to get a gain like this, but as Jaylou and Wendyuk say, it MUST be fluid retention of some sort and, if you hang on in there and keep the faith, it WILL work. Eat everything in moderation and vary your choices, eat and drink regularly and use your HE's and syns and go for it - it WILL happen for you hun. Sending you a big cyberhug and hoping you'll stick with it. xxxxx

Ive been following extra easy but they've been more like green days as I haven't been eating much meat chicken or fish.

Yasmine hun. Remember you said you weren't going to worry about the scales as you knew it wouldn't be fat, and that you were going to start with the red days?

Please don't panic like you did before. You've chosen SW, now learn how to make it work for you. You can't have put that much on in fat.

It's so important considering your 'difficulties' around food, that you don't panic, but stay relaxed, stick to the plan and pick up hints and tips about how to make it work.

come on Yasmine. This is really important :hug99:

hi please dont give up, SW is great but you do have to keep all the elements working together for it to work:

drinking water
weighing all food
cutting off fat
eating LOADS of free food

chin up, and make a meal planner for next week to help - look at food diaries for inspiration

hugs to you

Back