I cant believe......

melarnz

Silver Member
I cant believe how me losing weight has affected SO many people around me!!!

My sis and my mum and dad in law have started LL. My OH is starting a WW style home diet. People on facebook are emailing me daily asking me how ive done it, and can i help them!! People at work wont stop staring at me (except for 1 particularly large woman who told me not to worry about it and some people are meant to be big lol) My 4 yr old keeps telling me im getting younger, and my best mate turned a bit funny towards me.

Im amazed that 1 decision 14 weeks ago has made such a big difference, not only to me but also other people. I really didnt see the bigger picture when I joined!!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

It is incredible isn't it Mel. I have experienced very similar things to you. 3 other chefs have started LL. Other people are eating more healthily, everyone wants to know how Ive done it!! Lol even a lady in the nail bar yesterday :) One small step for us and one giant step to health for humankind!!! Woohoo isn't it fab knowing you are a motivation to others??

Jez
xx

Yes Mel,

I have had similar experiences with work colleagues and strangers. Most of my family are slim. A couple of my best friends have been very strange about my weight loss.
One colleague, a guy, has lost about 7stone on CD and completely changed his life. He tells everyone I am his inspiration. My ex Line Manager at work also did CD and lost a few stone. He said it was because of me.
One large lady who I think was the same size and weight as me (it's so difficult to know) said we might as well turn the office into a slimming club. She got quite cross and she also got bigger.
Strangely my OH who can usually control his weight and is very proud of me has put on a few stone.:confused:

Not been on it that long yet but a couple of colleagues have started healthier eating, ditched the fizzy juice and snacks.

My family don't know i am doing this yet. when i used to say that i was losing weight, they all used to say, "you're fine the way you are" grrrr, yeh, 8st too heavy is fine!!!!! They are all big.
Trying to leave it as long as possible before seeing them.
Hope i have the camera to hand just to watch their jaw's hit the deck when they see the new slim me:D it will happen lol

Back