I can't do this and I have only lasted 2 day :(

I have just finished my 2nd day and I really don't think I can go any longer. I just don't like any of the things I have had. They all make me gag and I can't finish them. I broke off a teeny corner of pringle earlier licked it and spat it out, wth is wrong with me lol?!?!?

I dunno what to do, I suppose I am just "head hungry" but I don't know what to do to get past it. I keep saying to myself do SS+ but I am an all or nothing type of person and I know that will chuck me off the wagon!

I've tried the porridge (with nutmeg and cinnamon), strawberry bricks and choco orange bars but they have a weird after taste and synthetic taste to them. I don't know if I am really fussy but they physically make me feel sick.

I'm really confused and I just don't know what to do.

Hang in there swangirl! I've just finished day 2 as well. And I've actually been checking off a list which sachets I will _never_ try again! lol

No one said this would be easy...in fact I have two friends on CD who said that it's hard, but that it works. And from all the personal stories I've read on here, that really does seem to be the case.

I'm choosing to focus on the 'it works' part of it.

Hopefully you can too hun, and that'll get you through.

As my CDC said to me 'just for today'...try 'just for tomorrow' too :) Cx

Please do hang in there. You will find ones that you like, and your tastes will change. Must admit, I think the Choc Orange is an acquired taste, but I defy you not llove the malt Toffee bar. I hated the chcocolate tetras at first, but now rediscovered them hot, with some added hot water. They are gorgeous. Just keep trying different things.

Hang in there swan girl. The first few days are definintely hardest! Get past the first week and it will all be worth it. To be honest - the 3 flavours you mentioned i don't like either but you will settle into a pattern of favourites before you know it! My faves are choc tetra, vanilla or choc shake with coffee & ice, oriental chilli soup and the toffee bars. After 6 weeks this is mainly what i eat! It works! Stick with it!!

Thanks everyone for the comments, I messed up and ate a sandwich and now I am up at 4am feeling guilty :(

I have emailed my CDC to say I want to swap the packs which should be fine and I will be trying the malt toffee bar (thanks francesmag). Thanks to both you and Miss Piggy for reccomending the choc tetras too I will try those both hot and mixed with ish in a slushy shake as suggested. I think I'm gonna have to buy a blender on monday.

Also, Smiley Cat what have you had your last 2 days??????

Good luck with day 3, it really will get easier. When I first started I took pretty much one of everything so I could try them all and see which ones I could stick with. I soon realised I couldn't stomach the soups and liked all the sweet ones apart from choc orange. I find the tetras too sweet, so either water them down a bit and I freeze the choc ones, which when partly melted are lush. Since returning I find the porridge really hits the spot these cold mornings, or even cold evenings. I also freeze the bars and eat them right cold with a hot coffee. So you just have to find a way that works and you will. Hang on until your first WI and you won't look back :)

Best advice don't go near the bars until week 3. This could well be the reason you are finding hard at the moment.

Its not recommended you have bars until week three.

Also nutmeg and cinammon week three possibly week two if you are well in ketosis.

Drink only the allowable fluids.

This should make it easier to get into ketosis.

I have just finished my 2nd day and I really don't think I can go any longer. I just don't like any of the things I have had. They all make me gag and I can't finish them. I broke off a teeny corner of pringle earlier licked it and spat it out, wth is wrong with me lol?!?!?

I dunno what to do, I suppose I am just "head hungry" but I don't know what to do to get past it. I keep saying to myself do SS+ but I am an all or nothing type of person and I know that will chuck me off the wagon!

I've tried the porridge (with nutmeg and cinnamon), strawberry bricks and choco orange bars but they have a weird after taste and synthetic taste to them. I don't know if I am really fussy but they physically make me feel sick.

I'm really confused and I just don't know what to do.

hi Swangirl, how are you feeling today? Did you make it through to day 3? Hope so!

I'm Ok today, thanks for asking. I ruined it and had a sandwich but I'm straight back on today. I was 22st10 the day I started (Friday) and now I am 22st 3.5 so I'm hoping we can just ignore that little blip.

I think last night I should've gone to bed instead of getting all worked up about things. I just wasn't thinking logically and was over-tired, I mean who in their right mind makes a sandwich at 4am lol.

I emailed my CDC and I am going to swap my products for the second time. I' was gonna get a cranberry bar (now I'm not sure about bars after what CD Counsellor said), I might try the banana and the choco tetras and try them hot and cold. Im getting a blender 2moro hopefully.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I really appreciate it! :D

Hi, I'm a fussy eater too - I hated the soups (I only tried a couple) but I love the shakes especially choc mint.
I drink them all warm, I add a small bit of cold water in my jug, and then fill up to just under 300ml with boiled water (so they aren't boiling hot)

Stick in there, I know it is hard - but from all the success stories I've read - it is definitely worth it. Once you get on the scales after your first weight in - you will feel much better when you see how much weight you have lost.

Hi Swangirl - glad to hear you're sticking to it! I'm getting through today, but it has been harder than the first two. Just really sluggish today, not hungry, but tired and have the chills. But knowing that it is to be expected pushes me onward. ('just for today...just for today...')

Sounds like the sandwich hasn't set you back too much - but now I want one! lol Don't beat yourself up. This really does take some getting used to doesn't it? You'll find your way :)

I can't stop thinking about food and tastes, but then I ask myself 'why?' and think I'm not depriving myself nutritionally on this (my body is getting what it needs) so what am I really missing?...one day I will have a slice of pizza (and won't gorge on the whole thing!!!) And I'll do so not feeling like I shouldn't because I'm too fat. I can't remember a time when I ate _anything_ and didn't think about what it was doing to my weight (even if it was healthy or if it was only after a binge). I'm looking forward to _not_ feeling guilty about eating, and just truly enjoying food for the nutrients and the flavours.

As for what I've tried so far:
Day 1 - Chocolate Orange, Vegetable, Strawberry
Day 2 - Cappucino (hot), Chicken & Mushroom, Vanilla
Day 3 - Porridge, Toffee & Walnut, and I'll have soup a little later (spicy tomato or oriental chilli)

I find the shakes really sweet - almost too sweet for me and I hope it doesn't give me a terrible sweet tooth when I'm off this! And though it seems quite few people don't like the soups, and I'm _not_ a fan of the vegetable (ugh!) I really liked the chicken & mushroom.

Days 3 and 4 are supposed to be the worst hun, so if we can make it through today and tomorrow, it should get a lot easier!!

Here's to us getting through it!

Cx

You can do it!

Getting a blender will make all the difference! also my CDC recommended that I didn't have the bars or the tetra packs until week 3 as they have slightly higher carbs and could stop you going into Ketosis ....so get yourself that blender and you will be in Ketosis before you know it and you won't be hungry.

I love the chocolate mint, and strawberry shakes, the caramel bars, toffee bars and the peanut bars....soups not so much!

Back