Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I cant imagine being thin!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Chunkeymonkey, 31 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Chunkeymonkey

Chunkeymonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    :(

I am only 19 and have been obese for the past few years.

I somehow got up to nearly 20 stone!?!?!?!?! But have now gotten into the 16's. However although Ive lost weight from my belly I cant imagine not having one!

Thankfully, I have never been bullied so my self confidence is ok, but Im going to university in september and hoping to get off as much as possible.

I always thought that from te BMI scale, when your overweight, all you have is a belly and chubby all around, if you know what I mean? I still have a few stones to go before Im anywhere near a healthy weight though.

Does anyone understand? :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CaliSweden

CaliSweden Silver Member

Start Weight:
    179lb
    Current Weight:
    158lb
    Goal Weight:
    130lb
    Lost(%):
    21lb(11.73%)
    Diet:
    GI/GL diet and Japanese diet
    Congratulations on your weightloss, it's amazing how much you've lost in such a quick time! That's really inspiring for the rest of us! Keep up the good work :)

We don't have to be thin to be healthy. Each person's body is made differently. There are still people out there who are skinny-obese, they are skinny but their body fat is more than it should be. If you want a more toned stomach, you should try to do some crunches. You can do a little at a time, and slowly build yourself up.

I started including crunches in my little exercise and I've noticed my belly is becoming a little less bubbled out and round.

4. darrkangel

darrkangel Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low calorie
    hi, im 22, and also starting uni in sept.

i weigh about 16.5 stone, at my heaviest i was about 19 stone!

im quite confident person so i dont get self conscious around new people, im just unhappy the size i am!

i cannot imagine wearing anything other than size 20/22...which ive been in for the last 5 or 6 years!!

im just trying to eat healthy and exercise more. so far so good!

5. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    Well done on your losses so far :)

I have another angle on your question...... A few years ago I lost a lot of weight on LL and to this day I can't except the person in the after photo is me!!! This time round I'm taking photos as I lose each stone.

Good luck with your weight loss and I'm sure your going to have a great time at Uni :)

6. AmethystWitch

AmethystWitch Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(32.39%)
    Diet:
    Dietition suggested Portion Control, I'm also Vegetarian.
    Up until I was about 7, 8 I was a healthy child but then I just ballooned! So I've been overweight for about 20 years! My heaviest was 17.9 I'm 16.8 now but I'm the same, I just can't imagine myself as a slim healthy adult, as I've never been one before! lol I just can't see it in my head but I'm dieting and exercising, so hopefully we'll soon see! lol :D

7. bevsy

bevsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(26.15%)
    Diet:
    calorie count
    I have done the same as littlesis, every stone i have uploaded a picture on my gallery, at 16 stone i was still buying size 26/28 clothes i had done it for so long i couldn`t get out of the habit of buying bigger baggy clothes.
    After a few friends came shopping with me i was trying on size 18/20, i am now currently in size 18/20 and even then there is room to spare in some items i have bought. Eventually you will see the difference and accept that you are smaller, this may be tmi but when in the bath after being 25 stone for many years i never ever saw me noo noo in the bath i now see it lol sorry if offended but didn`t know how else to put it.
    Good luck all on your journey and goodbye to bellies and fat. :0)

8. I Shoot Nikons

I Shoot Nikons Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(15.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it's a pretty daunting task for anyone who has been overweight for a length of time. I think my build dictates that I'll still be chunky after shedding the pounds. A slightly shrunken wee round bloke once I'm done.

9. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Lol bevsy!! Haven't heard it called a noonoo for years!!

It's quite normal to struggle a bit with your new figure. I actually find that some days I hate my new body more than my old chubby one!! Before I just saw FAT and it eclipsed everything else. Now I see a whole new range of faults lol but then other days I see myself in the mirror and do a little wiggle of glee!! I think it just takes time to adjust. And if your self esteem is low then sadly just slimming down doesn't always fix that :( for lots of people it does tho so it's not all doom and gloom!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.