I cant imagine being thin!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Chunkeymonkey, 31 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Chunkeymonkey

Chunkeymonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    :(

I am only 19 and have been obese for the past few years.

I somehow got up to nearly 20 stone!?!?!?!?! But have now gotten into the 16's. However although Ive lost weight from my belly I cant imagine not having one!

Thankfully, I have never been bullied so my self confidence is ok, but Im going to university in september and hoping to get off as much as possible.

I always thought that from te BMI scale, when your overweight, all you have is a belly and chubby all around, if you know what I mean? I still have a few stones to go before Im anywhere near a healthy weight though.

Does anyone understand? :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CaliSweden

CaliSweden Silver Member

Start Weight:
    179lb
    Current Weight:
    158lb
    Goal Weight:
    130lb
    Lost(%):
    21lb(11.73%)
    Diet:
    GI/GL diet and Japanese diet
    Congratulations on your weightloss, it's amazing how much you've lost in such a quick time! That's really inspiring for the rest of us! Keep up the good work :)

We don't have to be thin to be healthy. Each person's body is made differently. There are still people out there who are skinny-obese, they are skinny but their body fat is more than it should be. If you want a more toned stomach, you should try to do some crunches. You can do a little at a time, and slowly build yourself up.

I started including crunches in my little exercise and I've noticed my belly is becoming a little less bubbled out and round.

4. darrkangel

darrkangel Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low calorie
    hi, im 22, and also starting uni in sept.

i weigh about 16.5 stone, at my heaviest i was about 19 stone!

im quite confident person so i dont get self conscious around new people, im just unhappy the size i am!

i cannot imagine wearing anything other than size 20/22...which ive been in for the last 5 or 6 years!!

im just trying to eat healthy and exercise more. so far so good!

5. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    Well done on your losses so far :)

I have another angle on your question...... A few years ago I lost a lot of weight on LL and to this day I can't except the person in the after photo is me!!! This time round I'm taking photos as I lose each stone.

Good luck with your weight loss and I'm sure your going to have a great time at Uni :)

6. AmethystWitch

AmethystWitch Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(32.39%)
    Diet:
    Dietition suggested Portion Control, I'm also Vegetarian.
    Up until I was about 7, 8 I was a healthy child but then I just ballooned! So I've been overweight for about 20 years! My heaviest was 17.9 I'm 16.8 now but I'm the same, I just can't imagine myself as a slim healthy adult, as I've never been one before! lol I just can't see it in my head but I'm dieting and exercising, so hopefully we'll soon see! lol :D

7. bevsy

bevsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(26.15%)
    Diet:
    calorie count
    I have done the same as littlesis, every stone i have uploaded a picture on my gallery, at 16 stone i was still buying size 26/28 clothes i had done it for so long i couldn`t get out of the habit of buying bigger baggy clothes.
    After a few friends came shopping with me i was trying on size 18/20, i am now currently in size 18/20 and even then there is room to spare in some items i have bought. Eventually you will see the difference and accept that you are smaller, this may be tmi but when in the bath after being 25 stone for many years i never ever saw me noo noo in the bath i now see it lol sorry if offended but didn`t know how else to put it.
    Good luck all on your journey and goodbye to bellies and fat. :0)

8. I Shoot Nikons

I Shoot Nikons Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(15.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it's a pretty daunting task for anyone who has been overweight for a length of time. I think my build dictates that I'll still be chunky after shedding the pounds. A slightly shrunken wee round bloke once I'm done.

9. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Lol bevsy!! Haven't heard it called a noonoo for years!!

It's quite normal to struggle a bit with your new figure. I actually find that some days I hate my new body more than my old chubby one!! Before I just saw FAT and it eclipsed everything else. Now I see a whole new range of faults lol but then other days I see myself in the mirror and do a little wiggle of glee!! I think it just takes time to adjust. And if your self esteem is low then sadly just slimming down doesn't always fix that :( for lots of people it does tho so it's not all doom and gloom!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.