I cried in the playground :(

Angellove

I've lost five stone or a bit more - I've not been weighed this week and my home scales use silly batteries that I can't find - but this morning when I looked in the mirror I just look so fat.

And worst still I still feel fat.

I've got the baggiest jeans on which were too small when I started and I know I've lost weight but my brain for some reason has not caught up.

When I started I along with another mum were certainly the biggest mums in the playground. But when I saw her today - she's not dieting - I just couldn't see a difference between her and myself.

I'm not going to give up I'm determined to get to my goal of eight and a half stone but when will my head acknowledge I've shrunk?

I feel so down and can't really explain why. I fit a large size 14 and I was a 22+! I get nice compliments too. But in my head I'm still the same fat person.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know how to stop thinking fat?

I think it will take you time. Did you take photos along the way? It's a good way to help coax that little voice in the back of your mind to see how very far you have come, and boy have you come a long way, baby!
Be proud of that, because you are doing an amazing job. Also, log your weight every week and put it up in the house. Seeing those numbers drop all lined up will be another visual reminder!
You are doing fantastic!!!

Hi Angel, I lost 6 stone in 2010, and felt like you. Its the pace at which we lose, we dont have time to adjust mentally, I used to see myself in the mirror and wonder where I had gone but then still feel fat in my head. It just takes time. You have done an amazing job huni :D

Angel, I can completely empathise with you. But soon your head will catch up with your body and realise that you are no longer fat. You're doing brilliantly so keep going! x

ahhh bless i want to giv u a big hug after reading this! you have done amazingly well, dont beat urself up. can i suggest something odd.....go clothes shopping, pick up the same garment in a size 22 and a size 14, take them to the changing rooms, look long and hard in that mirror when u try them on and u will see how much u hav lost xxx

Hi sweetie :) Weirdly enough it's the reason i put on weight- feeling fat. I was a size ten and because all my girlfriends were skinnier than me, i thought i was huge and didn't even really notice creeping up to a size twenty! You have to stop thinking like the "fat girl" and instead decide that you're the "interesting girl" or the "pretty girl." Your weight isn't the be all and end all, looking good and being healthy is something everyone on the forum wants but you need to start realising that you aren't defined by your weight. That should definitely not be all you think when you look in the mirror.
xxxx

Thanks everyone x I feel a lot better today and one of my friends even bought me a bouquet of flowers to cheer me up x it's not easy - I think my brain has to have time to adjust to the new me! But shopping dies help and I will start buying things in a twelve I think because a few weeks from now that's what I'll probably be! Plus I am getting rid of my over sized clothes, I don't think it helps to wear baggy clothes. Thanks all though - it's crazy the things this diet throws at you, it's so much more than not eating! If only it were that simple! Xxx

Back