• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I did it! 2 FAB things!!!

Hello everyone

Well I did it. We went to our friends wedding yesterday and I didn't eat or drink (except water!) A SINGLE THING!!!

AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!

It would have been so easy to lapse, but I didn't and this is a real turning point for me. Social eating has always been a problem and now I know I CAN go out and not go mad.

It got awkward at times as the waiters, bless them, offered me food all the time - but they soon got the message ''I had food poisoning''!!!

It was worse in the evening and everyone else was soooo drunk and I was soooo sober, but at least I don't feel awful today like my fiance Rich does!!!

Secondly, I hit 25 days of LL today - I'm a quarter of the way there!!!

SO HAPPY!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Wel done you! Taking control of food for me is the BEST bit of LL. I was so out of control before and being able to say no is a huge achievement as events like that are hard, esp when people "encourage" you with the numerous comments! So a huge well done for you! It will be over before you know it!

Well done!

I've got my neice's wedding in August and will be on about day 49 then. I hope I have your will power.

Cherry Plum

One day at a time
Well done, what an achievement.
You must be so proud of yourself.

AmandaJayne

Trainee Maintainer
It's great that you managed it. It will give others hope too, that they can go to a big social event and abstain.

You have made your own journey just that bit easier (and quicker) too. A lot of people who do eat a bit at social events or holidays find that it takes longer to get to goal, and when you are doing LL, every extra week equals an extra £66!

Cerulean

Silver Member
A huge fanfare to you! I am almost 170 days in and have not gone through anything like that! Well done!

katie_oxo

Silver Member
Well done, you did brilliantly getting through that.

And another congrats on getting to day 25!

Just think, it will soon be your own wedding too :)

Cath