I did it!!!

Slim at heart

Skinny girls r 4 wimps!!
Well, it's very late & I'm just in the door but wanted to post a very quick update about my meal out tonight..

..of coarse I stuck to my plan & it was all fine, had my soup before leaving, a green salad for starters (only had a little slip up- 1 cherry tomato) with no dressing, a steak & mushrooms for main course (no sauces) & a bit of salad & a black coffee for dessert.. oh ye & I only had sparkling water to drink the whole evening..

I am happy with myself even though my CB is telling me I could have done better ie not eaten anything, left half the steak, not had the mushrooms etc etc but I think I did bloody well anyway.

I'll be honest, it was extremely hard especially during the starters as everyone was sharing their food & it all looked so nice (deep fried mozerella, chicken nachos, spring rolls etc etc) & starters is usually my fav part of a meal but I held strong & the main was absolutely fine cos no one was eating much anyway after such big starters they were all full so I didn't feel deprived.

Funny thing was I still felt hungry after the food & it didn't fill me up half as much as I thought it would... a bowl of CD chicken & mushroom fills me up so much more...feel a bit sick now though!

Had a great time & not drinking wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be either..I just pretended to be drunk like the rest & no one noticed, I was driving anyway, always a good excuse!

I do have to mention 1 thing though, a HUGE THANKS TO GEN who supported me all the way with textual encouragement & texting back took my mind off the food (so rude I know but whatever gets you through eh?), honestly I don't think I could have done it without you Gen it made all the difference... thanks so much!

So that's it, I was dreading it so much (so stupid to be scared of food!!!) but my first hurdle is over.. now back to SSing all the way tomorrow, I just hope I haven't knocked myself out of ketosis, we'll see!!

Night all xxx

A very big WELL DONE! :D

I personally think that practicing moderation will be harder for me than ssing and this makes your achievements last night greater than a months ssing in my book.

You should be very proud of yourself indeed and what a sweetie gen is for supporting you so well so a big pat on the back to her too ;)

Well, it's very late & I'm just in the door but wanted to post a very quick update about my meal out tonight..

..of coarse I stuck to my plan & it was all fine, had my soup before leaving, a green salad for starters (only had a little slip up- 1 cherry tomato) with no dressing, a steak & mushrooms for main course (no sauces) & a bit of salad & a black coffee for dessert.. oh ye & I only had sparkling water to drink the whole evening..

I am happy with myself even though my CB is telling me I could have done better ie not eaten anything, left half the steak, not had the mushrooms etc etc but I think I did bloody well anyway.

I'll be honest, it was extremely hard especially during the starters as everyone was sharing their food & it all looked so nice (deep fried mozerella, chicken nachos, spring rolls etc etc) & starters is usually my fav part of a meal but I held strong & the main was absolutely fine cos no one was eating much anyway after such big starters they were all full so I didn't feel deprived.

Funny thing was I still felt hungry after the food & it didn't fill me up half as much as I thought it would... a bowl of CD chicken & mushroom fills me up so much more...feel a bit sick now though!

Had a great time & not drinking wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be either..I just pretended to be drunk like the rest & no one noticed, I was driving anyway, always a good excuse!

I do have to mention 1 thing though, a HUGE THANKS TO GEN who supported me all the way with textual encouragement & texting back took my mind off the food (so rude I know but whatever gets you through eh?), honestly I don't think I could have done it without you Gen it made all the difference... thanks so much!

So that's it, I was dreading it so much (so stupid to be scared of food!!!) but my first hurdle is over.. now back to SSing all the way tomorrow, I just hope I haven't knocked myself out of ketosis, we'll see!!

Night all xxx

ah honey thanks for that... but you really did it all yourself, i know no amount of texting would stop me being naughty if i really wanted to be hee hee

you are doing so well and are a great support to me too girl!!

lots of love

Gen xx

What a huge amounts of will power you must have!!

Well done you!

Sarah x

Aaaah Gen- it's like a big group cyber hug being here!!!

Sarah- I never had an ounce of will power in my life before now (well not when it came to food or men he he!!!) but this diet just feels so 'right' to me, I don't know, it's the only way I can explain it!!

It was actually good going out last night, even though I stuck to plan I saw how easy it would be for me to just go STRAIGHT back to my old ways, even though I wasn't eating my eye & my mind were constantly sussing out other people's food & looking for the bigger portions, feeling terrible that any food was left on plates etc etc

It really made me realise that though I have made a start it's still going to be a long tough road ahead & I have a lot of hard work to do & how important it is to stay focused & not get complacent!!!

Really really well done!!!! What makes it better is that you had a good night and didnt feel miserable or deprived!! You made good choices and enjoyed the evening - it doens tget any better than that!!!!!

superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic job! Just shows what willpower you have. It's not only the look of food but the smells which make them hard to resist.
I'm so pleased for you.

Back