I did slip, badly i did

captain nemo

Chunky Munkey
ive been doing SW for 6 wk and aprt from holiday week been 100% on plan and strong, been more than happy with what i could have.

but .

on saturday i had 3hr of tattoo work done and when i finished i was very shaky, hurty and in shock lol, i was also on my own, i drove past a retail park on the way home, opportunity knocked and i stopped at KFC and got a zinger tower meal from the drive through,

i knew i shouldnt be having it, but i wasnt bothered, more than partly due to the discomfort in i just wanted something comforting and nasty,

i had more than enough points left over for it to be counted, but once again ive slipped and even though i went straight back on plan i bet ive screwed the week up wjen i get weighed tuesday.

im like some kind of crappy junkie, i do ok but cant stay away from the rubbish for too long.

on the positive side, i got it with diet coke, im not mental..............

i think we all have slip up and the thing is not to beat yourself up about it it gone and there is nothing else's you can do about it but get back on plan i know ive done a few silly things in the past five months but ive had a fairly good weight loss the one thing i don't do is deprive me self of something if i really crave for it as i use other thing and then still want the item
you know you made a mistake (as we all have )but im sure you are back on plan now and good luck x

Mmm, i love zinger meals, espically with the gravy! i think like you say, you had enough syns left over, so dont fret about it! you will be fine, once in a while doesnt do any harm xx

One takeaway in 6 weeks is not a failure by any means!!!
And I really don't think it will impact your WI, especially as it was half a week before WI. Just think of it as your 6-weekly treat for being 100%, have another in 6 weeks' time if you fancy it and it motivates you to stay on plan :)

I hate KFC though so cannot empathise at all ;)

I do this all the time!! It's usually either wine, a takeaway or worse still both!

But I don't want to be in a place where I feel masses of guilt when I do have something I shouldn't, so I just accept it's part of the plan - I'm happy to lose the weight slower if I feel like it's not stopping me doing anything I want to do, and I know I'm being good the rest of the time.

Like many have said before me - SW isn't a diet, it's for life so enjoy it!

OMG - I do stupid things all the time and still have good results - Ive just come back form an eating fest in Florida and allowed myself whatever I wanted and only put on 2.5lbs so Im totally sure this one blurb wont affect your Wi this week at all.
We are all human and its fine to do this now and again in my opinion x
Btw - what did you get done for your tatoo?

on the positive side, i got it with diet coke, im not mental..............

hehehehe :8855:

in the pre SW days i used to be able to demolish a £15 boneless bucket all my myself :eek::eek: so, a zinger tower meal aint that bad at ALL ;)

get back on plan 100% rest of the week, exercise, plenty of water and im sure you'll be fine xx

What I don't understand is why have you failed, have you worked out the syn value of what you've eaten?

Syns are there for a reason so use them. Don't start feeling like you've failed or going on some mega guilt trip just because you ate KFC, crikey if that were the case every Sunday I'd be on a guilt trip with the wine & chocs I eat on a Saturday night. Every Saturday I can have anywhere between 40-70syns just on wine & chocs, & I've no intention of ever letting it bother me. I just incorporate it into my weekly allowance.:D

WOAH THERE TIGER!!!

None of us want to entirely give up "rubbish". Thats why we do this plan, because it does allow us a little flexibility in our daily eating. If we want a treat, thats ok!

Dont beat yourself up for this. In all seriousness, as long as its covered by your syns, its not going to make a blind bit of difference to the weigh in, and even if you didnt get it in fully synwise, one meal will not make or break your willpower.

This is all part and parcel of a cycle, "eat bad thing, feel bad, self-destruct, eat more bad things, weigh more, feel worse, self destruct further, put tonnes of weight on, eat more bad things" etc etc, ad infinitum.

But lets look at it this way "feeling down and hurty and uncomfortable, ate thing that we can eat on a rare occasion, feel better for eating it, feel more positive, crack on with the plan" - this breaks the cycle of negative thinking around your food. It doesnt totally break the "reward with food" cycle, but its a lot better way to see things than the other way.

PS, would love to see a pic of the tattoo once it is done/healed!!

thanks for everyones comments....madame lminx, your right about the "cycle" thingy, i know thats how it works with me,
i did get straight back and plan and kind of put it behind me, i was more dissapointed with myself that id done it on the spur of the moment, if id been planning to go to KFC i wouldnt have felt as bad i think, it was the fact that it took over me and i wasnt in control that upset me,

hmmm, i know what your thinking , control freak ! but yup , i have to concentrate on controlling what i eat or ill will gorge on nastiness 24/7

this forum helps a lot to be honest, as people arent judgemental, everyone generally understands and has been in the same boat.

The tatto is an ongoing thing, probably another 15-18 hrs needed, when its complete ill put pics in my gallery

Captain Nemo, with that amount of work ahead of you, I'm guessing you've had a few hours under the needle already? Prepare for your next session by having a BIG SW friendly [non]fry up just before you head to your session; take plenty water to sip on and boiled sweeties to sook on, and why not have something like Alpen Lights, or some sushi with you or in the car for straight after. 3 hours is alot of inking and if you left feeling shaky this time, then unless you prepare before next time, your body might just give up and black out under the needle next time xx

Because the results can look fantastic?? Plus, once you have started something like that, theres nothing you can do but finish it otherwise you end up with a heinous mess!

Nemo my consultant said something to me that stuck with me!! If you were in a room surrounded by beautiful flowers and just one of them was dead, you wouldn't throw them all out! You'd just discard the one dead one! So just because you have one 'naughty' moment, it doesn't mean you have to ruin the rest of the week!! It's not about the slipping up, it's about your next move!! And it sounds like you did exactly the right thing! Sometimes we've got to get these things out of our systems, and it's just normal life for things to pop up that cause us to have a 'moment', a day, a weekend, a week etc etc, but these are merely snippets of time in the grand scheme of things!! It's about what we do the majority of the time, not the odd frivolous occasion!! The worst thing we can do is beat ourselves up about it!!XXXXX

I personally don't like tattoos, but it's exactly that, a personal thing and I respect that for many people they are important, meaningful and worth going through the discomfort for!X

Tattoos are a very personal thing and people get them for various reasons, quite often its difficult to explain to a non inked person without it sounding trivial.
one thing i have found though is that people with Ink are never bothered about other people ink.

People make judgements based on appearance that are generally unfounded, i have 6 tattoos and unless i chose to show people them they would never know, its my choice to have them where i can hide them if i want, not that im not proud of them, its just my choice.

Even as someone who "collects" tattoos i dont always want them on display, im a company Director, i run my own business and on occassion have to do some business with some very "traditional" people, yet they will never know about my ink as i dont show them.

Last edited:
yup, Avisk, it isn't even something that is worth trying to explain. It doesn't matter if others don't understand, or don't approve, or even that they may never lay eyes on a hidden piece. It's like an inner need. After I got my first, I was actually quite emotional - it was just so 'right' that I almost mourned the years that I hadn't had it. I know that sounds ridiculous.

And the pain? It can be beautiful and is a very important part of the experience for many, many people. It's also a feeling that you can't quite describe, and almost can't quite remember and is rarely as bad as you expect, pre-ink. I haven't experienced any shakiness, but I've never sat for a three hour session. It's important not to black out, because reputable artists will NOT continue working on you whislt you're out, although some scratchers supposedly do.

It is a funny thing, people with tattoos generally aren't even that interested in other people's ink - OURS is what's important to us. But people without tattoos often do hold very stong feelings about them. I don't think any different of folk who haven't got - which makes it strange that many people see fit to judge me on my body art.

Like Captain Nemo, minie are generally not on show, although I've never gone out of my way to hide them. Saying that, though, I have a piece on my neck, and a piece on my hand, which may sound gruesome - but it's a small one on my heel that seems to get spotted most often! lol I do have others, and all are very, very special to me.

mojo, this last session was bad as it was on the inside of my arm, which appears for me to be a very sensitive area, i take plenty of water with me and a cpl of boiled sweets ( I FORGOT TO SYN THEM !!) to keep the blood sugar up, and i had a 15 min break half way through (to be honest that made it more sensitive when he restarted).

but back on thread, thanks evreyone for the common sense responses, looking back on my slip now im not hung up on it, just one of those things, and ive been 100% since then...........weigh in tonight so the scales wont fib :)

Back