I don't believe in water retention...but

Candlewix

Down boy!
Hi all,
Well at my weigh in this week (7) I have only lost 2lbs.
I say only but I am dead chuffed, 2lbs is a lot of flesh :)turkey: small chicken) and its OFF!!
However, my point is I wonder if it may be a bit of water retention. This past week I have done a fair bit of exercise...walking a couple of hours and cycling.
Usually when people say..oh its water retention, I think...yeah more like food retention, but this is LT. So maybe with this heat my body is holding onto the fluid instead of releasing it??
My pharmacist suggested upping my water intake...so here I am glugging away :spit:!!
Also sorry I haven't been on the forum much this week but have been having broadband trouble :pcwhack:...but I'm back!!

Hi Cee,
firstly congrats on the weight loss, I do think of a small chicken every time I hear 2lb now, thanks to you. As you know I was miffed with 3lb loss this week and yesterday I noticed my ring was loose again, as it fell off into the sink. It dawned on me that it had not been loose over the last weekend and on Monday when I weighed. The only time it tightens is when I haven't drank enough or am on TOTM which would be due around now also. So I will happily go for the retention theory, if only to make me feel better LOL.
Take care, best of luck this week.
Doirin

Hi Cee

Well done on your weight loss and like the fact you are looking at it positively!

You are doing so well and it is nice to see you back again.

Have a great week.

Take care

2lb is a bag of sugar to me. Well done on losing it!

I've been having connection problems too - it's a pain when it cuts you off halfway through something!

Keep on supping that water, especially in this weather and good luck for next week.

x

Well done on the loss and as suggested id try upping the water intake

Thanks guys

Again thanks for the support...you are all my lifeline ;)
Yes Doirin, I think we must also realise that weight loss goes off in all areas we are not aware of. Think of all the internal fat as well, the bit we don't see, around our liver, heart, intestines etc. I think we sometimes think we are machines forgetting how complex and magnificent our bodies really are.
Thanks Adam for the excellent water advice...I'm supping as I type.
Scotsmist and Cuddly, you guys are doing so well you inspire me.
Keep going I guess. Whayhey!! :D

I too lost 2 lbs this week, so like your theory. But I don't think I drank enough water last week over the weekend. At work is easy, but at the weekend when I'm out and about I can forget sometimes. Good luck with the next weigh in.

I only lost 2lbs this week and I KNOW I didnt drink enough -only just managing to drink 2 litres despite hot weather and exercising. I felt thirsty as well but just couldnt seem to manage it:sigh:. so today I am back to setting alarm on phone to remind me to drink every hour. hopefully this will help and it is good to have reminder. good luck for next week x

Back