I don't feel motivated

DianaS

I have been with Slimming World online since January and have lost a stone,the problem is I am really need to lose another 5 stone to be in what is considered healthy for my height. I am having to do this on my own at home as I am a Carer and can't get to the classes,which was going really well at first. I really like the idea of slimming world because I love the recipies and because of my lifestyle it seems the best diet that is suited to me and also is really good for my Son as he is becoming more healthier as a result. It's just that these past two days I can't seem to stop jeopardising things for myself,I just helped myself to a really large portion of frozen oven chips and cooked them in my acti fry with a load of fish fingers and a whole tin of beans and sat there and ate them,and now I feel really guilty but I am finding it really difficult to tackle this diet alone. I really want to lose weight but I can't stop eating.

Give your self a reason to get motivated and focused on staying committed to the diet plan. The best way is to develop an image of yourself that you want to become. Develop a positive self image develop an detailed idea of how you want to feel, want to think, want to act. By strengthening your positive self image you will equip yourself to focus on the reasons you are working towards losing weight.

I know how you feel as I felt totally demotivated a few weeks ago, but I am living proof that you can get past that and get back on it.

I admit that I did it by going to class after losing 2 stone online and then sneaking 1/2 a stone back on.

I know your circumstances are different to mine, but is there no way at all for you to get to class? Is there nobody that can help you out for a couple of hours to allow you to go. If there is the smallest chance I definitely think you should try and take it as it's very motivating and a big of "me time".

If that is totally not an option, how about looking at a personal trainer who will come to you. It's not a cheap option but if you can find £25 a week, or even every two weeks someone will come to you. They will help you to exercise at your level, help with nutrition and help you stay focused.

Finally, spend loads of time on here. Look at photos of people who have lost similar amounts to your goal - it makes it seem much more doable. Might be worth popping to the Wemitts page as they are a very supportive bunch.

Good luck.

Thank you,I agree having an image of what you would like to be is good,I used to be a size 10 before I had my Son and still have all the clothes that I used to fit in to in my wardrobe on the off chance I will one day fit in to them again.
I absoloutely love seeing all these before and after pictures of people,it's very inspiring and is one of the things that is keeping me going and will definetly be spending more time on this site.

Back