I don't know if i am in ketosis?

So confused with ketosis. I have been to my pharmacist today and got weighed at 12st 6lbs so thats a loss of 8lbs in 11 days. On day 12 now and wondered whether I am in ketosis so bought the expensive strips, i have bad breath and i definitely dont feel starved like i did in week 1, have loads more energy and believe my body has adjusted however the strip come up as negative? does that mean i am not doing well? and does it matter if it wasnt my first wee of the day? xx thanks

If you are losing weight (well done with the 8lbs) and are sticking to the diet then why worry? You don't take LT to go into ketosis you take it to lose weight and that is happening. Although it is rapid weight loss I'm assuming that like most of us it will still take some time to get down to your goal weight. Everyone is different and we will all lose weight at the speed our bodies dictate. I've had fast weeks and slow ones with regard to how much has come off but I've only ever stuck rigidly to the diet, the same every week.

As long as the total lost keeps going up I'm happy.

Remember: 8lbs lost is doing well. Keep it up! :)

No u don't need to be in the darkest purple even the first shade shows ketosis and correct me anyone if I'm wrong but if you are in the darkest that's pretty much starvation mode which makes the body store fat and gives no energy out

The darkest colour can supposedly be a sign of dehydration

The sticks are basically a waste of money. Stick to thecplan you'll be in ketosis. Simple as that

I dont have a clue if I am in ketosis,:confused: no bad breath, no funny taste, but I know I am loosing weight:D and as MrC says, thats the whole point so don't worry about the sticks, take notice of the scales:)

Starlight said:
The darkest colour can supposedly be a sign of dehydration

The sticks are basically a waste of money. Stick to thecplan you'll be in ketosis. Simple as that

This makes me laugh because I totally agree they are a useless expense, my pharmacist doesn't even sell them

Back