I don't know if I can do this...

xtwinklex

Eat to live don't live to eat!
Ok so I lost 2 1/2 stone in 7 weeks in June/July, I went up the plans and maintained till my holiday, 2 weeks all inclusive and I only put on 1lb, had a fab weekend eating what I wanted, drinking what I wanted, knowing I was going back on the diet and put on another 2-3lbs - in 1 weekend, shame on me :cry:

So I started ss on Monday, on Weds I did ss+ as I really fancied tuna (mixed in my oriental chilli soup - sounds horrible but I love it!) so all going well and by Weds evening I was in ketosis (hubby agreed I must be due to rancid breath!)

Anyway, it all went wrong yesterday, my son went into hospital for an operation on his lip, it was a day case under general anaesthetic, he's only 6 and understandably I was scared. My husband took him and kept me informed via text message as I had to work, working kept me busy so I didn't have to think about it much and at 2pm my husband brought my son to see me at work which was great, the op went well and he is fine thankfully.

Problem is, when I got home I couldn't do anything but cry, I was so emotional and all I wanted to do was eat and without thinking I had a handful of sweets followed by a spoonful of cheesecake topping, afterwards I felt dreadful, like a complete failure :break_diet: I was totally upset, hubby tried to help me but all he kept telling me is that I'm doing great and I've done it before so it should be easier this time! How do you explain to them that its bloody well harder the second time round?

Then, to top it all of this morning I get my period, really heavy and horrible cramps so I feel totally like sh*t today, I'm determined to have a 100% ss day but not sure if I can do it :sigh: maybe I should have a ss+ day so I have something to look forward to this evening which may help me get thru the day? I have some cottage cheese in the fridge and some tuna in the cupboard so have a choice. I have my son and 4 year old daughter at home today and they are being pretty demanding so I'm getting stressed already.

I'm really not sure if I can do this, I want to do it, I want to get to a healthy bmi but this last stretch is so so hard - help!

xx
Stacey

Aw I hope your sons operation was a success. TOTM is crap isnt it, mine is just starting and i feel bloated and yack, just take one day at a time and just think of your goal, you have done so well so far, you have to do whats best for you, good luck on finishing your journey x

Hope your son is recovering well. Go easy on yourself today, l'd see how the earlier part of your day goes with SS and keep the cottage cheese/tuna in reserve for later. You've done really well so far. Don't be hard on yourself, it's not easy getting back on track (for me anyway!) at the best of times. Hang in there, you will get there.

Hey Stacey,
Hang in there hon your doing great.. I hope your son is ok I cant imagine what its like when they have anything done I would be in bits too...
Do not feel bad about doing ss+ your so close to your BMI anyway..
Around totm it can be so tough anyway especially with craving and things its much better to have something from ss+ menu that you can have than go off the rails just because you suddenly get desperate for something.
You can do it hon its so worth it as you know as you have already done so well xxx

Thanks everyone, its been a tough day and I have had a nibble of cottage cheese, only a bit tho so will just have less of the ss+ meal later! I have drank 2 litres of water already and have some fizzy in the fridge for this evening, I think I must be in ketosis as I don't feel hungry at all its all cravings now but hopefully it will get easier this weekend as my husband is home and he is so supportive bless him.

I also don't know what I'd do with out the support of this board!

My son is ok, the operation was to remove a lump from the inside of his lip, they believe it was a blocked saliva gland and nothing more sinister thankfully, he is quite perky now, has been eating and drinking like normal since yesterday lunchtime which is great, he did say it hurts a bit this morning so I gave some pain relief but he is so brave for a little 6 year old!

xx
Stacey

glad he is ok and you, dont give up lets do it day by day one step at a time. xx

Great advice and empathy here, I couldn't say it better than witchy (above post)
Its been a dreadfully stressful day, tommorow will be brighter, keep up CD because you have done so well so far x

Back