I don't know if I should start the cambridge or just do weight watchers?

DiamondPrincess

I'm going away in 10wks and I want to look my best. Will 10 wks be long enough to lose weight and maintain? Don't know what to do? :confused:

Depends on how much you want to lose, if you can manage a TFR diet, or would you prefer a food based diet?

if you did a liquid only cambridge diet in 10 weeks you could loose 35 to 40lbs. i'm 35.5lbs in 8 weeks. i exercise lots and my buddy has lost more than me with no exercise.

i did weightwatchers before i did cd cause i was breastfeeding my little baby and lost 29lbs in 6 months. not much considering.

it does depend on what you are like and what willpower you have and whether you can bear to stick to it. there's no drinking of alcohol allowed, no fizzy drinks of any kind. just 3 or 4 shakes and black coffee, tea with plenty of water.

I think the cambridge diet has got to be something you really want to do.I did it for a couple of months last year and lost nearly 4 stone. I was quite focused on doing it while I was on it and managed to do it. Then, I went away, came back and didn't really want to do it, struggled so much with doing it a day here and there and then gave up. I don't think its a diet you can do half heartedly sucessfully. (not that im saying you can do any others half heartedly, but they are a hell of a lot more relaxed)

Remember Cambridge isn't just a total food replacement. You can have food, you can have fizzy drinks...you could even have the odd tipple. Depends which plan you do.

Yes, some do SS but plenty more do 810 and never do shakes only, so if you need your fizzy drinks and want food, go for that.

For maximum loss, I would say SS or SS+, then moving on to 810 if you feel the need for food. A quick go up the plans a couple of weeks before the holidays, which I probably shouldn't suggest as CWP prefer 2 weeks on each plan, but better than suddenly going from SS to 'eat everything' mode.

Back