I don't know what to do!

Caz

Repeat Offender
I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm meant to be seeing my CDC for the first time tomorrow, but she now can't do it til Tuesday evening. I've started using my left over packs, and I have 3 left because I've realised that 1 is out of date and the other is one I can't stand at all. I thought I'd have enough to SS+ (I'm 5ft 9 so have 4 a day) but with those 2 rules out, I don't. So I'm now wondering whether I stick with her, and do.. I don't know on Tuesday. Or I find a different CDC that I can see tomorrow.

It's not just this, I was going to go and see her last week but she didn't have everything, had no soups or bars, only plain porridge, no tetras and a few shake flavours. So doesn't bode well, but it could be because she was running low after Christmas or something, I don't know.

But the other thing is she seems to now be better off seeing me at the weekend as during the week she works but in shifts so sometimes she's not free until after 8. As I have to walk, as it's dark, I feel a bit uncomfortable walking alone at night in the dark.

But finding someone else I'd feel bad, like I've wasted her time. What do you guys think I should do?

dont feel bad caroline, you have to do whats going to be best for you hun

did she say why she cant see you tomorrow?

She's working until 7pm and it's her partner's birthday. But surely she would have known that already, unless she forgot.

I could, but then it's that I've got nothing after that and I'd be seeing her at 7.30 on Tuesday.

oh i dont really know what to suggest, i would say its probably a bit late notice to be able to see another one tomorrow, if you lived nearer id lend you some till you got sorted

Yeah I thought it would be a bit late notice too, but thought I'd try. Even if it was just to pop and get a days worth. But it's ok now. She's just text me and said she's been able to rearrange her schedule for Tuesday so she can see me at 9am. So tomorrow I'll do SS+ and then can wait for any packs until after I've seen her in the morning. Sorted! We've agreed that I'll get a month's supply on Tuesday morning. The next month is going to be a bit all over the place as I've got to go away for a couple of interviews for my dissertation and where I'm off uni for a few weeks will be going away to see people. So that way I've got the flexibility of not needing to worry about when I see her. In fact, I'm off til the 20th of Feb, so really going to be all over the place for the next 6 weeks, plus hopefully starting a part time job.

Thanks :) And thanks for the thought of you'd lend me some if you were closer, was lovely of you.

I'm now seeing her at 9.30 on Tuesday, man it changes a lot! At least it's still in the morning and Tuesday. Gives me more time to try and find her house anyway I guess!

How'd it go CG? Any problems? Hope not. MM

I'm seeing her tomorrow morning. She's agreed to let me have the bars. I know they recommend not in the first 2 weeks but I had them from the start last time and still lost 17lbs in my first 2 weeks, so I'd prefer to have them anyway so I've got something to chomp on! Because I'm taking a month's supply at once she's letting me have the tetras and bars at the same price as the soups and shakes so I'm paying £1.75 per pack regardless of what I have which is nice. Might not be a lot less, but it all adds up!

Hi CG,

I discount is a discount -- it sounds like she may work out for you after all. I was glad to hear that your appointment got moved to the morning rather than your being out at night alone.

MM

Me too! I don't live in the safest of areas I've discovered, after moving in unfortunately! I've not had any problems but I'd still prefer not to be walking around alone in the dark where possible. I'm hoping the snow goes away a bit more by the morning or I will fall on my bum!

Hi CG,

My sister rented an apartment after finding it online when she was transferred to Washington D.C. for a year. It had hardwood floors and was close to her work (her reasons for picking it).

However, the first Friday she was there -- she was walking from her flat and headed to the on-site laundrette at about 9 o'clock at night -- and she passed two other tenants. They looked at her and said in a shocked tone, "We can't believe that you would go to the laundrette at night alone. Not after that girl was murdered in there!" My sister laughed, because she thought they were kidding. And, went to the laundrette, used her secure key card all tenants had to get in, and did her wash.

She later found out that IT WAS TRUE -- and the laundrette had the secure card system at the time, as well! Whoever killed her -- was either let in by her, possibly followed her and pushed their way in as she was opening it or had a card. They were never caught.

You cannot be too careful -- not ever. If you can't get to your counsellor during the day, ask if she can come to you. She making money off your purchases... she should be supplying some sort of service to you.

MM

Eeek that's a horrible story, I don't know if I could have carried on living there!!

I think my CDC might have said on the website that she does home visits, I can't remember now. But that might be worth a try if she can't see me in the day, good idea MM!

Hey CG --

She had no choice. Signed a lease and too busy to move. Just spent a whole year being very, very, very careful. Probably the worse place she's ever lived -- and she is a military officer and has been stationed in Iraq!

MM

Back