I don't know what to do!!!

I text my CDC earlier and just got her reply. Basically she said that sitting there eating a bar while they eat isn't all that much fun, so if I don't feel able to do it that's understandable and in that case I should just have a small amount and stay away from carbs like roast potatoes. But that if I do manage to cope, it would be a great achievement. Which I agree with. It would! I think I'm just going to see how I go. For now it's a no, I'll be sticking to CD meals. But we'll see I guess. But I know that I can't sit there while they eat it. If anything, I think I'd have one of the SS+ meals, and stay away from the roast. Just then I'd feel a part of it more. At the moment I've not seen any up to this diet, I'm sure there will be though! But I haven't had a WI yet, so I don't have that to motivate me. I hope it's working though!! I'm going to do my best with sticking to it. I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and had already decided to stick to SS then, so I think I've definitely putting in the effort and I don't think that I in any way need to feel bad for considering a birthday dinner. But I'll try to resist!

Hi there, I'm may be going against the grain but I think if you would like to sit and have something to eat then have something to eat. Dieting is about breaking unhealthy eating habits and becoming a new a better you. The worst thing to do is to resent the diet you are on so give yourself a break . Having a bit of chicken and veg will not destroy your diet . If you think about what you would have been eating if you werent on this diet I bet it would be the works. You cant just stop taking part because your on a diet you just have to make the best of the situation which I think sometimes a bit of give and take. People shouldnt be too harsh and judge because everyone is different. You will lose your weight and get their no matter how and if it includes a lil meal then thats only like the ss+ . Whatever you decide you know you want to be slim and i'm sure you'll get there hun. Good luck jo xxxxxxx

I am really craving some real food at the moment though, so it'll be tough!!

hiya rainbow, i hope i didnt come over as being judgemental all any of us can do is give our opinions on here, and yours is one of many.
The thing we need to remember is that this diet isn't like all other diets. So it isn't just a case like with ww or sw that you can just toggle with it...
For some of us having a meal at such an early stage can be the kiss of death, whereas others cope well with ss+ right from the off.
All we can do here is offer to help each other with our opinions and try not to make our opinions more important than anyone elses.
If I have done this, I apologise.

x

Does your sister know & understand you're dieting? Would she be happy for you to sit at the table & join in the conversation & not eat?

She kind of knows I think. I'm pretty sure she does and understands. I think I should at least sit with them though. I think that's what she'd find harder.

Could you cope with not eating & being at the table whilst they eat?

I don't know, I guess we'll find out! It wouldn't be hugely easy I'm sure.

If you decided to join them for that ONE meal, and just have a small portion of food, would you be able to say I've had that, now I'm going straight back to my diet or would you think oh I've blown it & have a binge?

I think I'd get back to it. But I can't be sure. And that's what is my biggest reluctance in having the break.

If you did eat & you had to do an extra week CD to reach your goal and have a couple of icky days whilst you got back into ketosis, would it be worth it?

Getting into ketosis for me was pretty easy and happened early with no symptoms really, so I think I would. Maybe. I don't know! The ketosis doesn't put me off. The extra week maybe does though!

I think I'll leave the roast for definite. If I do eat anything, I'll make a SS+ meal. Or maybe try and sit with my soup. That would be a bit better than a shake or bar or tetra as it would just feel more like I'm eating something. I do want vegetables though! Crazy as it sounds, it's fruit and vegetables I miss at the moment. Doesn't sound like I should be as fat as I am does it, saying that!? If only they were the only things I liked lol

I do want vegetables though! Crazy as it sounds, it's fruit and vegetables I miss at the moment. Doesn't sound like I should be as fat as I am does it, saying that!? If only they were the only things I liked lol
Doesn't sound crazy at all. I think a lot of people on here (me included) have said that they crave "healthy" foods like veggies & fruit rather than chocolate etc doing this diet. Good luck with your sister's birthday, you're doing great thinking about it and planning how to cope with it. Let us know how it goes.

Hi Caroline, I understand your dilemma completely and it can be really hard. The only thing that I think is worth remembering is that the little demons in your head that want you to eat are strongest in your first week.

In my first week this time and last time I went through all sorts, "Why are you doing this diet, are you crazy" "why don't you just try WW and exercise this time and really do it properly" etc etc. My mind kept trying to trick me into eating.

So I think that in the first week it's hard to make sensible decisions almost. Having said that, it sounds like you're really thinking it through. As a couple of people have said, everyone's journey is different. I just now how down you can feel in the first week when you look ahead and see endless weeks on the diet, which can be demotivating. It doesn't last forever though and you're doing really well so far :) xx

I'm sorry if this post has caused any problems, or friction. I didn't mean it to at all!

Whats the point in doing cambridge if you are not going to at least try to stick to it, I don't get all the posts like this.

You are either doing it or your not, you knew what it would involve surely before you decided to do it.

Sisters birthday this week, night out next week, ah sure i'll just have one glass of wine.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's not your fault Caroline! It's small minded, sarcasm that's the problem.....
x x x

I know what you mean I think this has been the most tense postings i've read on this site. I guess we all have our thoughts : ) but we'll all do fab i think everyone on here has the same end goal
xxxxxxx

Everyone else said practically the same thing as me but added, good luck in your journey whatever makes you happy etc.
My post came over somewhat harsher than I intended, so i will apologise if the OP was upset.

Yes Cambridge is bloody tough, its a feckin nightmare but so is being fat.

This really needs to stop!!!
Otherwise things will get out of hand... and the original question will get totally lost!!
we all want the best for each other surely!

I was about to say the same thing. Some how this is snowballing, and it doesn't need to. I have taken on board everything that everyone says. And I do appreciate what your point was louii, just maybe a bit more tact might have been good. But it doesn't matter. So I'd appreciate if the whole thing just gets left now.

I remember reading a thread, I think KD posted it, about making a journey either by stopping off and visiting relatives on the way, or driving the fastest road and going straight from a to b. Anyways the moral of the story I think was....we will still get to our goal, whether it is a little slower than it could be or nice and fast. Think that makes sense, slap me if it doesn't lolol xx

Ok guys, time to take a step back and breathe.

I can see both points on here, and the written word can be misconstrued very easily, I dont think anyone meant to be tactless.

From past experience, its easy to see how one little bit of food can lead to another, for my 5 months on SS I abstained as i was so scared it would lead to a downfall.

For some people, life gets in the way and they find a way to adapt without too much damage, for others they have to stay focussed and no matter what happens they keep their head down and their eyes on the prize.

There are two sides, the tough love says, no way, dont even think about it, stay on it, there will be many more meals out and in, and the softer approach is, try it, stick with chicken and carbs, but remember, its a one off, and go straight back to it, dont let it be a slippery slide...........

Hope this helps

Vx

bet you didn't think roast beef could cause this much dramatama Caroline!! Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

Hi Caroline - have only just logged on to this thread. I would echo what everyone esle has said, in their own way. If you can stick to a low calorie meal and count it as SS+, go for it. But if you think the experience of eating will make you crave more then don't. You know yourself better than anyone, so ask yourself the honest question - can I do this?
Whatever you decide will be right for you, because it is your body and you are in control.
xx

Back