I dont want my picture taken!

fatty2slim

Ever used that phrase? I know I have...!
"I'm not photogenic".. or i'll usually be the one taking the picture!

I just felt I needed to bring this up.. seems like even after having lost 2 stones, I have crippling confidence issues.. gosh. I went out with some friends a few days ago after my exams finished and i specifically told one of my friends not to put any pictures of me on facebook, and then she does.. now i know why i hate pictures.

I look awful! big belly, fat thighs.. fat arms... just awful.. whereas shes perfect, size 8 just gosh, I feel so low at the moment!

The thing is, that's what YOU see. It probably isn't what other people see. We seem to have a bit of a problem, once you've been overweight, even when you've lost the weight, your brain doesn't seem to adjust. It doesn't seem to recognise how truly fantastic you look. How completely different you look. And it doesn't seem to matter how many people tell you that you look great, you won't see it. So you need to take off those fat goggles and see yourself as how you really are - beautiful.

I have noticed that some women think they are fat and/or look ugly while they are quite attractive while being a bit juicy. Maybe you fall under that category? Your weight stats do not picture you as an awful person at all :)

My weight has been all over the place over the years. Fat child, thinner child, fat teenager, seriously thin teenager... and never, ever have I liked photographs of myself. I'd like that to change, but I don't know how.

I'm so sorry about late responses! I've been all over these past few months!

caroline g: Aww thank you so much for that, you're really inspiring! I guess we are all beautiful, but sometimes I can't help but feel no amount of weight loss is ever enough!

Mynewself: Ohh, I wish I fell under that catergory haha! As you can see I've gained a few pounds over these months, need to shift them DOWN again :) I know what you mean though, many ladies (and men) I see are a fuller figure and they look FAB! It's that confidence that just sparkles from within!

johnnyblue: Hmm, I've had your problem to an extent, but with me it's been obese child, really fat child, fat child, chubby child (all the fat catergories!) I know what you mean, I'm like that myself, once in a blue moon (which is extremely rare) I will say I look OKAY in a picture taken of me...! I'm so paranoid (with people uploading on facebook and what not) I will NEVER let someone else take a picture of me unless it's with my camera, which has that convenient "delete" button ;) lol, what I have found many people who seem to be photogenic is that they pose perfectly in every picture, as if they've had practice, maybe we should do that? As sad as it does sound, it may help to know which is your best "angle" etc lol.

Keeping within the topic, today I saw some OLD pictures of me 2008/9 (weight about 15 stones).. boy oh boy do I look HAAA-UUGGEE! wowaa lol, it's true weight loss can change your appearance totally! =O My face especially it looks like a white ballooon in those old pictures, at least now you can start to see my features, and that has definetly motivated me!

You're not on your own, I hate my own picture, I always have no matter what weigh I've been.

I deleted my facebook account because people kept tagging photos of me :(

fatty2slim is that avatar image of you? if so you look fantastic!

Fatmanslimming: I think quite a lot of people have this problem unfortunately. It can only get better with time.

Girlsbig98: Oww I know I can relate so much! I set my privacy settings so that only I can view pictures I'm tagged in, although that doesn't come handy when you have mutual friends :( and I wish that was me, no where near as beautiful or slim, it's just an inspiration to keep me going :)

caroline g said:
The thing is, that's what YOU see. It probably isn't what other people see. We seem to have a bit of a problem, once you've been overweight, even when you've lost the weight, your brain doesn't seem to adjust. It doesn't seem to recognise how truly fantastic you look. How completely different you look. And it doesn't seem to matter how many people tell you that you look great, you won't see it. So you need to take off those fat goggles and see yourself as how you really are - beautiful.

100% agree I still often catch myself in the mirror and have to remind myself that it is really me!! I still feel huge alot bigger than your average female and I'm a size 12-14 bottom and 10-12 top ! Our brains are crazy things xxx

(25.08.08-18 stone 5) (24.08.11-12 stone 10) 79lbs lost 25lbs to go!!

I agree that a weird self-image is a legacy of being overweight. On the other hand - slim or chubby I have never really liked my picture being taken. I also very much resent someone putting my picture on facebook - I would never do that without asking, think it should be illegal! If anyone tags me I immediately untag myself and they can't then retag me.

No matter what your weight etc I think its rude to do that without your permission xx
My mil, last time i saw her kept taking pics of me, honestly I made it known I wasnt happy - i gained 7 stones when pregnant and she's there takign pics of me looking absolute cack! Its just rude and can really make you feel so bad. God knows who's seen them, I bet some will be haivng a good laugh cos they last saw me slimmer xx

Back