I dont want to know my weight....

pebble83

I have a restart on monday ..........For the 1st month i do not want to know my start weight till the end of the 4 weeks...I just want something fab to work too ...Will keep me on track...do you think my cdc will agree???:confused:

Hi hun, good luck for your re-start.

Would you be happy to be weighed with your eyes closed so only your CDC will see your weight and then each week she can record it without you knowing?

I think (but am not sure) that she would have to weigh you first to see if you are in the correct weight range to be on the diet, and also if perhaps they need consent from your doctor?

Sorry if I'm not much help but didn't want to read and run.

x

I shouldn't think being forced on to the scale would be a part of CD!!! But I am not sure what the guidelines are. Accepting reality may be a good thing but being a re-starter myself I can understand where you are coming from. Whatever the way forward is for you best wishes :)

I asked my CDC whether she would do this for me when I did CD for the first time about 4 years ago. I knew I had gained a lot of weight and just didn't want to know how much. She did agree and said that others were doing the same thing. It didn't work for me though, the not knowing, I never went back after the 2 weeks. I think you are far better off just finding out what you weigh, sometimes it spurs you on. I think if I had known what I weighed at that time it would have probably kept me going. I still have no idea to this day what I had lost in those first 2 weeks and probably if I had known then I would have definately stayed on CD.

Good luck with your restart x

I tend to agree that it is a good reality check to actually know how much we weigh in the beginning. I can still remember what felt like one of the bleakest evenings of my life on a cold January a few years back getting on the scales at Slimming World and receiving such a terrible blow about my weight. But once I got over it I stuck to SW for a couple of weeks and lost a few pounds whilst I researched and joined Lighterlife. I wonder now whether I would have taken such action if I had refused to be told my weight.
I am now considering not being given my weight for a while now that I am established on CD, as I have been known to get a bit irate when I don't get a big enough loss.
Good Luck whatever you decide!

Hi, my sister did CD for 8 months and didnt get weighed at all by her CDC. She did weigh herself at home though, it was the thought of someone else knowing she couldnt handle. The CDC was fine about it and my sister lost nearly seven stone, got to a size 12 and has maintained since xmas.

My CD had a set of scales with a removable display so if you didnt want to know what you weighed she just didnt show you .She had lots of clients who didnt want to know so im sure it will be the same with ur CD xx You need to do what ever works for you xx

Thanks for the replies . I am just going to close my eyes when i get weighed I know its sounds daft but i dont want to know!! I want to test my willpower 2 see if i can stick to this diet this time around ;-)

Good for you Pebbles coming up with a solution that will work for you.
I will find out my weight this Saturday but might then switch to monthly updates from CD counsellor.

i didnt find out my weight until i had done CD for about 2 months. I was always told the losses...but that was it!
I eventually accidentally found out via DH but didnt mind too much by that point!
I found it more motivating to find out how much i was losing rather than how much i weighed...it just didnt seem to matter what the starting number was as long as i was doing something about it!

hth hun

xx

I think you need to be weighed so that you can know your losses, but see no problem with your CDC not revealing your weight to you. The only thing would be if your bmi is over 40 and you have to get the medical form signed. Then of course you will have a pretty good idea of what you weigh.

i didnt find out my weight until i had done CD for about 2 months. I was always told the losses...but that was it!

I found it more motivating to find out how much i was losing rather than how much i weighed...it just didnt seem to matter what the starting number was as long as i was doing something about it!

hth hun

xx

This has hit the nail on the head ;-) thanks! I want to know the losses ;-)

Back