I Fainted

Yasmine

One last chance
I have always had dizzy spells since starting secondary school but lately, I've been having daily cases of dizzy spells more than 5 times a day and today was the worst one that I have ever had.

I was feeling very tired today and wasn't in the mood for anything, I had a hot shower and then sat down for a bit. I got up and had my usual dizzy spell as I get them mostely from getting up from sitting or lying down. As I walked into the kitchen to have my second shake, my head was spinning a lot more, my left ear had a piercing pain and the left side of my head felt like as if someone was digging a nail into it.
I crouched over and buried my head to control myself. I paused and my vision just went blank, after that I found myself on the floor and my older sis yelling my name. Her voice sounded like an echo though.

She helped me to my feet. I could hardly walk as my legs were shakey and felt like they were going to snap or something, my dad came in and supported me and got me to sit down.

I don't know what was going on, I just stared blankely for a few moments, I was breathing fast and loudly and I couldn't control my tears, I was crying and I didn't know why, my legs and hands were shaking uncontrollably.

Has anyone experienced this during LT?

I don't want to give up LT, I wont give up LT :cry:

Does anyone have any knowledge of what happened to me? my family all think that it's a lack of food but if so then my little sis would have gone through this too.

Last month my daughter had somthing similar. After having a hot shower she sat on the side of the bath feeling dizzy and the next thing she knew she was on the bathroom floor. The doc said it was a classic faint. He reckoned the hot shower was to blame as the body needed the blood to get back up to the head, so the body makes you lay down in order to do this (sorry this is so basic but hey, I'm no expert). I know this doesn't really help you but the doc said my daugther was a classic fainter. She's very slim and doesn't eat loads and loads and also her age, 16.

You should check it out with a doc though to make sure it's nothing else. Hope you feel better and don't have to leave LT. Good luck.

Yes I have had this. I had it pre-LT but it came back with a vengeance whilst on the diet. You need to get your blood pressure checked asap. It could well be that it's very low. It was the vision thing that you said that made me think it was exactly the same as what happened to me as whenever people talk about getting lightheaded on LT they never mention the vision and hearing going... I hope you're okay now hun. Next time it happens you need to just lie down, usually on a cool floor, and close your eyes for a few minutes until it goes away. Also, do not drink more than 3 litres of water per day... any more than this dilutes the salt in the body which is not going to help at all.

Last month my daughter had somthing similar. After having a hot shower she sat on the side of the bath feeling dizzy and the next thing she knew she was on the bathroom floor. The doc said it was a classic faint. He reckoned the hot shower was to blame as the body needed the blood to get back up to the head, so the body makes you lay down in order to do this (sorry this is so basic but hey, I'm no expert). I know this doesn't really help you but the doc said my daugther was a classic fainter. She's very slim and doesn't eat loads and loads and also her age, 16.

You should check it out with a doc though to make sure it's nothing else. Hope you feel better and don't have to leave LT. Good luck.
Thanks for the help. Funny thing is, I always have hot showers and have no problem with them. It's just today, plus after my shower, I was breathing loudly and heavily also. I'm scared of seeing a doctor because he might ask me about my diet, and then I might have to get off LT :(

I went straight to my GP as it went from happening once in 12 months to 3 times in 4 weeks about a month into LT. She did instruct me to come off the diet but only for a little while to replenish my sodium levels and bring my bp back up and then said I could go back on it if I liked.

When I stand up I always felt a little dizzy but since being on LT I get it a lot more.
Had a hot bath the other night and just lay there for an hour, when I thought the water was getting cold I would top it up with more hot water. I got out the bath and nearly collapsed, I staggered into the living room and slumped on the couch and lay there for 15 mins, I felt fine then but I know one thing, I shall not be having any more hot baths.

I had my blood pressure taken just before Xmas and all was ok, I think I shall go back though just to make sure.

Yes I have had this. I had it pre-LT but it came back with a vengeance whilst on the diet. You need to get your blood pressure checked asap. It could well be that it's very low. It was the vision thing that you said that made me think it was exactly the same as what happened to me as whenever people talk about getting lightheaded on LT they never mention the vision and hearing going... I hope you're okay now hun. Next time it happens you need to just lie down, usually on a cool floor, and close your eyes for a few minutes until it goes away. Also, do not drink more than 3 litres of water per day... any more than this dilutes the salt in the body which is not going to help at all.
You had it too then. I was so scared, I'm fine now, feeling a little bit low on energy but I'm ok. I do have to check my blood pressure, I need a blood test too. My older sister reckons I'm aneamic.

My grandmother thought I was anaemic too but after a quick blood test it turned out I was fine. I've been to a neurologist about this problem (before the diet) and they said it was just one of those things but I think that if we are susceptible to low bp anyway this diet could make it a bit worse. Seriously, go get checked out and explain to your doctor how much this diet means to you. They may say you need to refeed for a week or two and then go back on but that's not such a bad thing if it means it settles down all of the stuff going on sweetie.

I went straight to my GP as it went from happening once in 12 months to 3 times in 4 weeks about a month into LT. She did instruct me to come off the diet but only for a little while to replenish my sodium levels and bring my bp back up and then said I could go back on it if I liked.
Oh I see, that eases things a bit.

When I stand up I always felt a little dizzy but since being on LT I get it a lot more.
Had a hot bath the other night and just lay there for an hour, when I thought the water was getting cold I would top it up with more hot water. I got out the bath and nearly collapsed, I staggered into the living room and slumped on the couch and lay there for 15 mins, I felt fine then but I know one thing, I shall not be having any more hot baths.

I had my blood pressure taken just before Xmas and all was ok, I think I shall go back though just to make sure.
So it's due to having hot showers? I didn't know that. Well, looks like it's just warm showers from here.

My grandmother thought I was anaemic too but after a quick blood test it turned out I was fine. I've been to a neurologist about this problem (before the diet) and they said it was just one of those things but I think that if we are susceptible to low bp anyway this diet could make it a bit worse. Seriously, go get checked out and explain to your doctor how much this diet means to you. They may say you need to refeed for a week or two and then go back on but that's not such a bad thing if it means it settles down all of the stuff going on sweetie.
Ok, thanks very much. I see about going to the doc's in half-term.

I really think you should see a doc though, just to give you a check up. Even if they recommend you come off LT it wont be forever and it will only be until you feel better, that's not so bad is it?

Can't see they'd have a bad opinion of LT as docs used to prescribe it before the chemists. Hope you feel better soon and keep us informed.

I think high temperatures also may have something to do with it as when it happened to me before I was on LT the first three times were all when I was very hot, eg just after the gym and working on my friend's donut van...

You might have an inner ear infection.I'd go to the doctor and get it checked out.

The pain in the ear doesn't sound like dizziness due to low bp. I get dizziness but never pain in my ears.

Better be safe than sorry as ear infections can be quite nasty.

Alex

I would defo go in to the docs.. you could have blood sugar problems/blood pressure problems.. I mean what if you has a fainting episode crossing a road or at the top of a flight of stairs... its just not worth the risk, because no matter how much you weigh you could come down with a bang.... get it checked out.. it could be lr related or not but you need to be safe rather than sorry.. it is impossible to get a diagnosis online and fainting like this is not normal and should be checked out wethe ron a diet or not... hths x

I had an episode just last week. I woke up with bad tummy pains incurred hot sweats and the next thing i knew i woke up on the bathroom floor. Whe i woke i had very little energy and had to crawl to my bed, i was alone and looking back it was so scarey. I went to the doctors just to get checked out and for piece of mind too be honest. My blood pressure was fine and my tummy was soft,she advised me to speak to my pharmacist. They were extremely helpful and contacted LT headoffice,i was advised to refeed and i did for a few days and touch wood i have been fine. I have a direct number for the lady at LT if you like? She was most helpful and i even spoke with a doctor on the team too.

I would get yourself checked at the doctors, I had trouble like that it was an inner ear infection. Hope your ok now.XX

Yasmine you must see your GP just to rule out anything else but the dizzy spells are common with low bp, I got them a lot both pre-LT and while on LT. Try to avoid getting up too quickly or even just turning round sharply - sounds silly but can happen! Let us know what happens coz we all worry about you. Do you have exams this year?

x

i had a similar thing in my 3rd month of CD. I fainted in the kitchen while making my soup. It was the first and only time though, thankfully. i still feel dizzy quite often though, especially when I get out of bed.

Back