I feel a total fake at the mo

ladylite

Gold Member
Well I joined SW online last week and am finding it so difficult to get on track. I dont seem to have enough motivation yet.:cry:

I had MUMPs (yes and I am 61) 3 weeks ago and it has totally sapped any strength and enthusiasm out of me. :(

The reason I started dieting again was because I feel that my weight is not helping my lifestyle at all. You know the usual cant do my shoes up and so on.

I am hoping by coming on here and joining in with the positive talk that will help me get on track.

I am going shopping this afternoon, this might help greatly, to stock up on loads of free food.

I am going to try really hard now:)

Don't feel bad hon, it sounds to me like you might not be over the MUMPS as yet - give yourself time to get better.

Go to the shops, get loads of free foods and spend the afternoon planning meals for the next few days. I'm sure you'll feel more positive by doing this x

It sounds as tho the mumps has totally wiped you out. No wonder you feel down! Now hopefully you've managed to get out and get plenty of free food. Why don't you sit down and plan what you're going to eat for the next couple of days. Eat ALL your syns, and lots of free food so you can't possibly be hungry. Now I know it's the last thing you feel like doing, but it's not going to rain for the next few days, so make a time when you can get out for a walk. The light levels even if it isn't sunny will boost your mood, and you'll be using up some calories.
I don't think, (no actually I know) that I could stick to the plan for long without going to class, I'm not disciplined enough, but you have us in the background to talk to, gee you up and if you request it administer the kick up the bum if needed!
Even if you're not quite in the mood, if you write everything down and keep yourself busy, you'll see a loss, then one will lead to another and before you know it you'll be looking forward to getting weighed! Good luck!

I suggest making your favourite SW meal for comfort (assuming your favourite meal is something hearty). EE is great for this, e.g., a huge curry with a big mound of rice, or a shepherds pie). Take care and don't forget, we are all here for support. Tracy x

Don't worry hon, you aren't a fake! Most people go through stages where they are totally dedicated and then others when they aren't at all, but if you stay on here you are taking a step in the right direction.

There are so many lovely people on here (even tho I am currently just lurking LOL) that give great support and advice, not to mention great recipe ideas! Having a read of the boards is a good way for me to get motivated, I hope it helps you too!
xx

Thanks for your replies.......... I have been shopping and am feeling a lot more positive. I have now set a target which is.

To fill in my diary everyday.......even if I think I have slipped. I sometimes think I have had a slip, whereby if I wrote it down I could adapt my days eating plan to allow for it.

Anyway I am going to have a stressful few days, as my daughter is in court tomorrow awaiting trial. :cry: I may be brave enough to tell you later but just not yet. She is not a murderer by the way:D she is a good girl really but retaliated when another girl hit her.........long story.:eek:

I hope the court case goes well hon. Try not to let it get to you too much.
I have had experience of waiting to find out what happens to a loved out at a crown court - not fun, but once you know the outcome, good or bad, you can start to deal with it.
Send me a private message if you want to chat with someone who has some experience in what you must be feeling x

Hope everything goes ok for your daughter - let us know how it goes when you feel ready.

I started on Saturday (again, online) and Monday morning woke up with swine flu so haven't got much of an appetite, just a raging temperature so I've stuck to soups and Mullers in general - not totally off plan but just what I fancy - although did have a couple of biccies this afternoon. Not ideal, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it (haven't got the energy :p ) but will get back on track from dinner tonight when I'm going to nibble on some chicken and salad.

Linda

She may not actually go into court tomorrow, but we have to sit around and wait, just in case another case finishes and then her case will be heard. I didnt realise how confusing the judicial systems was.

She is in a Crown Court because she is pleading not guilty.

So glad I have done the shopping today, will have to take lots of SW snacks with me.

Oh Hun!You must be so stressed. BUT you've planned SW nibbles for tomorrow. You ARE planning already! You WILL come through this and you'll lose weight this week! Chin up, Judi xx

She may not actually go into court tomorrow, but we have to sit around and wait, just in case another case finishes and then her case will be heard. I didnt realise how confusing the judicial systems was.

She is in a Crown Court because she is pleading not guilty.

I remember that the waiting round was very hard on the nerves *hug*
Try and stay strong x

Back