I feel ashamed :(

sonban

Addicted to Minimins
I watched the news before and it was talking about the war thing thats going on in congo in Africa. It showed people fleeing there homes and going for days and days with out food. There was one boy who set off to go to his mum and dad who were 40 miles away the boy was found collapsed on the side of a road he had not eaten or drank for 5 days.

I feel so awful. How can I be so bothered about what take away I want next or what I am going to have for my tea when these poor people have nothing.

This has made me look at the way I am eating into a new light now. I think for the first time ever I now realise we eat to live not live to eat.

So I now declare that I am going to be on my best behaviour food wise and not take food for granted any more.

I agree things are sad all over the world... but I worry about using the word "ashamed". We are not the ones who cause situations like these to occur... I try to take the viewpoint that when we see the terrible things that happen to others, we should appreciate the good things we have in our lives.. home, family, friends and yes include food in that. Dont feel ashamed of how you live your life.. just make sure you do do that.. live it x :D

I have to agree with Emski - we do what we can to make sure that we live out lives to the best of ability - help those that are within our reach. We cannot help everyone in the world but if everyone just helped a few people .......

Sonban, you have made me think with your post.

You are so right. We obsess and fret about having to cut back on the "nice" stuff - and feel deprived when we can only have healthy foods - and its for our own good.

So many others would love what we moan about.

I also agree with Emski that we don't directly cause what is happening - but it can't be right that in the West we throw away more food than would feed those in the poorer countries.

Food for though...pardon the pun!

LRO xx

We cannot help everyone in the world but if everyone just helped a few people .......

i agree - the world would be a nicer place....but unfortunately the general public are too selfish!

I agree things are sad all over the world... but I worry about using the word "ashamed". We are not the ones who cause situations like these to occur... I try to take the viewpoint that when we see the terrible things that happen to others, we should appreciate the good things we have in our lives.. home, family, friends and yes include food in that. Dont feel ashamed of how you live your life.. just make sure you do do that.. live it x :D

I agree with everything you have said there. I think I put the word ashamed because I am ashamed of the way I have looked at food up till now with the see food and eat it attitude. As some people dont even get a choice. I think seeing that on the telly just made me change my attitude to more of an eat to live not live to eat, eat healthy and enjoy food kind of attitude. x

i agree - the world would be a nicer place....but unfortunately the general public are too selfish!

I too think too many people in this world are selfish. Hopefully we don't have to be the same way and can be generous in all sorts of way - in fact this support forum is one way in which we help out others so we should be proud of that

I too think too many people in this world are selfish. Hopefully we don't have to be the same way and can be generous in all sorts of way - in fact this support forum is one way in which we help out others so we should be proud of that

i actually had a friend who used to try and charge me petrol money for giving me lifts....to places she was also going to!!! she never got a penny out of me though - i refused!

Ahh thats a lovely way to look at this forum. Made me feel proud to be on here now :)

Back