I feel disgusting and I don't know what to do...

Victoria_30

I joined SW Jan 05th this year, I've been losing and gaining the same 11lbs since. I'm now 4lbs lower that my starting weight 8 months ago. I have completely lost it this week and now there are no classes for me to get myself back on track (I can't go it alone).

There is one on Saturday a couple of miles from me at 10am but the consultant who takes my Monday class does that one too (even though I've just weighed in last Monday).

I really want to get back on track, I feel fat and unhealthy.. To top it off me and the OH haven't spoken since Tuesday so I've pigged out everyday since.

I really want to get back on track tomorrow but would love some suggestions on how the hell I'm supposed to do it!

I really need some help

Because I'm embarassed that I'm completely off track and have been off and on for a while. I'm in need off a big kick up the ass. I want to start again tomorrow and "day 1" but there's no where to WI, obviously not many C's do classes Friday evening x

Aw, I know that feeling! The fact that you want to get on track is great. I'm a bit of an 'emotional eater' too, so completely empathise with you there too! I find reading this forum, looking at peoples pictures etc really helps motivate me, as does writing down the reasons I want this to work. I think if you are someone who eats to meet an emotional need you have to replace that with something - maybe running or other exercise, writing it all down, buying yourself a non-food treat - whatever does it for you! Mostly just refocus and be kind to yourself. Good luck hun x

Plan tomorrows menu NOW.
Go in the cupboards, prepare things for tmrw.
Make the plan, stick to it.
Only you can, nothing can throw you off unless you let it.

Be strong, YOU CAN DO IT.

Hi. I know exactly where you're coming from. :wave_cry:

I joined SW last year and got to my target weight, but then fell off the wagon this year when me and OH decided not to go ahead with our wedding. My motivation disappeared almost overnight and I found it really easy to slip into old habits. I've now gained a stone (possibly a bit more now - avoiding the scales and group) and I feel rubbish too. I desperately want to be where I was 6 months ago and I really want to find the discipline I had. :sigh:

Like you I feel really embarrassed about my gain and I've avoided the agony of swallowing my pride and returning to group as my consultant was so proud of me. I know I need to go back, but I keep making excuses and I know that now I don't have a wedding frock to get into I need the extra support ad motivation from other group members.

I think maybe we just need to bite the bullet and get it over with. If you go, I will too. :girlpower:

Lou x

Thank you so much everyone! As my "normal" group is Monday, do you think I should just start tomorrow then WI at my C's other group Sat morning? I feel like WI gets me back on the wagon so I know exactly where I am? I think I might text her and explain. I just feel like such a failure, I had my 30th birthday, 2 weeks off work, then a new job offer so I handed my notice in (stress!) and now OH is being a "ahem"!!

Foxy, I really think you should go go go!!! We know it works, there's nothing wrong with going back, what person who is overweight hasn't been in our boat? I think we need to get a grip, I'm getting married June (apparently lol) and would like to get to where I want to be my Christmas. We can get there together and with the help of the lovely peeps on here.... What do you say???

Good luck both of you! You can do it! Don't think of the past, that's gone, you can't change it. Don't compare yourself to how you were, but look at where you will be. Be nice to yourselves - don't beat yourself up about regaining weight. Congratulate yourselves on wanting to get back on track and on taking the necessary action. Go for it!

Right Vic - you're on. My regular group isn't until a week today and maybe I'm being daft but, as my consultant was fantastic, I want to return to the same one, so I've booked the morning off. :clap:

I've had a really good EE day today (apart from the bottle of Beck's in my hand), so maybe I'll even have dropped a pound or two by then anyway. :eat:

I think I may have made a remarkable (and highly scientific) discovery that weight gain/ stress about weight gain and the desperate struggle to lose the weight that one has gained and stressed over is all the fault of turning 30 and, more significantly, MEN. :copon:

Bah.

Still, we shall soldier on and be victoria-ous (sorry - shockingly bad joke).

xxx

i've rejoined my group no less than FOUR times and my consultant is always happy to see me desite my huge inability to lose much of the mass I have to shift.

I'm sure your consultant will be the same and welcome you back.......if you want to lise the weight don't worry about what she or anyone else thinks and just bite the bullet and return to her knowing this time your gonna reach your goal!

good luck!

I joined SW last year and got to my target weight, but then fell off the wagon this year when me and OH decided not to go ahead with our wedding. My motivation disappeared almost overnight and I found it really easy to slip into old habits. I've now gained a stone (possibly a bit more now - avoiding the scales and group) and I feel rubbish too. I desperately want to be where I was 6 months ago and I really want to find the discipline I had. :sigh:

Like you I feel really embarrassed about my gain and I've avoided the agony of swallowing my pride and returning to group as my consultant was so proud of me. I know I need to go back, but I keep making excuses and I know that now I don't have a wedding frock to get into I need the extra support ad motivation from other group members.

I think maybe we just need to bite the bullet and get it over with. If you go, I will too. :girlpower:

Lou x

Don't be so hard on yourself, there is no shame at admitting you've gone off track, but it would be a real shame if you let your embarrassment stop you walking back thru the doors, go on, be brave, good luck lou x

Thank you so much everyone! As my "normal" group is Monday, do you think I should just start tomorrow then WI at my C's other group Sat morning? I feel like WI gets me back on the wagon so I know exactly where I am? I think I might text her and explain. I just feel like such a failure, I had my 30th birthday, 2 weeks off work, then a new job offer so I handed my notice in (stress!) and now OH is being a "ahem"!!

Foxy, I really think you should go go go!!! We know it works, there's nothing wrong with going back, what person who is overweight hasn't been in our boat? I think we need to get a grip, I'm getting married June (apparently lol) and would like to get to where I want to be my Christmas. We can get there together and with the help of the lovely peeps on here.... What do you say???

Victoria - do whatever keeps you on track, i am sure if you called or emailed your sw consultant she would welcome you to the saturday group if thats what you need, and sort things out with OH, life is too short and you have a wedding to plan x

Heres what both of you do.

Forget you ever went to class before. Fresh start, fresh eyes. Go to class, have the new member talk. Refresh your heads. Dont worry about the past, you cant change it. See it as going to revisit and meet up with some old friends in a new environment. Once you get back there you will wonder what on earth you ever worried about it for.

And remember, when everything around you is in chaos, it can make the world of difference to be in control of one aspect of your life, even if you cant control anything else. SW is excellent for this because it allows YOU to make the choices about what YOU do, which plan you follow, what foods you choose. It is all in your hands.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

I can only echo the good advice given by previous posters. Start afresh asap - the longer you wait the longer it'll take for you to gain control over this part of your life. And it's a great feeling to take control of your eating even if you can't control other aspects of your life. All the very best of luck - and get back on that horse pronto! X

Good luck both of you.

We have had a lady come back to class recently who was worried about coming back after putting on some of the weight she had previously lost. She is now back losing really well again and is truely an inspiration as she lost 11 stone first time around and only put on about a stone and a half in something like 18 months and, she is already nearly back up to a 10 stone loss again.

We've all lost and gained again, even those who have access to dieticians and PTs - just think Oprah for example.

Back