I feel like Giving up already :(

Im having a week off, then Im gunna weigh myself and see what effect it has.

I gained 1 pound this week when I stuck to it religously, I've posted my food diary for the week in that section! Furious as I turned down to meals out with friends and watched them eating chippy as I sat with my carrot sticks.
I only wanna lose my weight for my holiday which is not til July anyways.

I've basically paid them 45 quid to lose 5 pound.

- to be honest hun - and i dont mean to cause offence, but you'v not got the right head on to do sw. Turning down meals and eating carrot sticks whilst clearly being miserable about it, isn't going to do you any good.. weight wise or mentally. Sw is a life change, for those who want to have a helathy relationship with food, and equip themselves with knowlege to stay healthy and at a maintainable weight of thier choice. As you'v said (and for what i can see of you stats) you dont need to loose very much and you only want to lose for your holiday.. it sounds like you just want a quick loss intime so you can feel good on your hols, which although i completly understand, whats the point in paying out money to do somthing your not planning to take on for the rest of your life, if your at a healthy weight and just want to trim down for your hols why dont you just cut back on your cal's at home instead of paying out each week?
£5 is alot of money, most of us would be very pleased with a 5lb loss over such amount of time, but it sounds to me like youd be much happier seeing that loss in a week or two, which unless you have a decent amount to lose, your unlikley to see so soon on a diet like sw with sustantial foods, thats why people who dont have much to loose do things like meal replacements or 1200cal a day diets because the results are faster, but the plans are less longterm commitments.

hope that makes sence and i havnt offended!! xxx

im doing EE aswell, dont give up week two your body will be getting used to the changes it will all catch up, and you will lose, x

- to be honest hun - and i dont mean to cause offence, but you'v not got the right head on to do sw. Turning down meals and eating carrot sticks whilst clearly being miserable about it, isn't going to do you any good.. weight wise or mentally. Sw is a life change, for those who want to have a helathy relationship with food, and equip themselves with knowlege to stay healthy and at a maintainable weight of thier choice. As you'v said (and for what i can see of you stats) you dont need to loose very much and you only want to lose for your holiday.. it sounds like you just want a quick loss intime so you can feel good on your hols, which although i completly understand, whats the point in paying out money to do somthing your not planning to take on for the rest of your life, if your at a healthy weight and just want to trim down for your hols why dont you just cut back on your cal's at home instead of paying out each week?
£5 is alot of money, most of us would be very pleased with a 5lb loss over such amount of time, but it sounds to me like youd be much happier seeing that loss in a week or two, which unless you have a decent amount to lose, your unlikley to see so soon on a diet like sw with sustantial foods, thats why people who dont have much to loose do things like meal replacements or 1200cal a day diets because the results are faster, but the plans are less longterm commitments.

hope that makes sence and i havnt offended!! xxx
Maybe I dont have the 'head' for it, but I was in the right mindset when I lost 4 stone.

When your dieting week in and week out to stay the same, you dont get on the scales lighter, clothes feel looser, people compliment you. I get 'dont lose anymore weight, your perfect' etc. its ALOT harder to carry on.

maybe hun your body likes being the weight it is. u r 3lbs away from your target does that 3lb matter that much. i'd contrate on maintaining hun

Maybe I dont have the 'head' for it, but I was in the right mindset when I lost 4 stone.

When your dieting week in and week out to stay the same, you dont get on the scales lighter, clothes feel looser, people compliment you. I get 'dont lose anymore weight, your perfect' etc. its ALOT harder to carry on.

Yes, you WERE in the right mindset when you lost 4 stone - but NOW it's different, it seems.
Perhaps, as others have said, your body wants to be the weight it is now - but your head wants it to be three pounds lighter.
If that's the case, then why not try something else to give you that last push? Try calories (you can do this at home - I know cos I used to do it) thus saving money on going to classes. If it's the final push you want...but sitting and eating carrot sticks and not enjoying yourself is just silly.

I am sorry, i didnt mean to cause offence, but i do agree with what jestertears is suggesting. I for one know exactly how difficult it is to shift those last couple of lbs when youv lost so much already, but you deffinatly have to be in the zone, im not saint.. im stuggleing with my own problems, problems i know the answer too but wasnt taking the neccisary steps to do anything about it myself untill now. x

Back