I feel like Giving up already :(

Some good advice above about using your SuperFree foods and also try to have some that speed up your metabolism (SS).
Good luck!
Super speed foods don't actually boost your metabolism. They are extra low in energy density compared to other foods in the same group so they keep you fuller for longer.x

It's only your second week Jessthecat, and you HAVE to look at SW over a long period of time! You are averaging 2.75 lb per week, which is excellent in itself! Most people have a good loss in their first week! Believe me, if you are willing to look at this as a long term lifestyle change you really won't go wrong! Of course you want to see the results NOW, but it's amazing how quickly the time goes and those pounds soon tot up! I didn't have a big loss in my first week! I lost 1.5 lb, then 1 lb in my second! I could have let my frustrations get the better of me, but I knew that I would one day see the results and now I've lost 27lb! I'm in this for the long haul and although I may not be losing as quickly as some people, I'm happy at an average of 1.5lb per week as I'm loving my food, eating plenty, enjoying a good social life and really feeling the lovely benefits of losing weight! It's when people put ridiculous pressure on themselves and allow themselves to go hungry that they give up and put it all back on and more! I'd rather be someone who loses it slowly and keeps it off for life! Good luck- try and be kinder to yourself!X

Super speed foods don't actually boost your metabolism. They are extra low in energy density compared to other foods in the same group so they keep you fuller for longer.x

Oops...thought they were to speed up your metabolism?
Thanks for the correction!

Usually when I have a big loss one week, I'll STS the next. i think it's my body's way to readjusting to the loss or something..

Try not to be disheartened though. Do your food diary each week for your consultant, and yourself, so that you can see exactly what you're eating. That way, you can show your C and she'll be able to point ot any errors you're making, such as not enough super free foods, or too many syns, or whatever. Often, when we don't eat enough, the weight stays on - odd to say it, I know. When you follow the plan 100% it works - BUT - don't forget you body is not a machine, and so sometimes, no matter what we do, some weeks we don't lose.
My advice would be to do a food diary this week, be 100% honest about what you put in your mouth, drinks as well, and take it to class for your next weigh in. If you haven't lost then ask your consultant to take a look and help you, that's what she's there for. If you can't wait that long, post it here and we'll take a look.

Good luck hon, you can do this!!

Yep Food diary sounds a good idea! thanks for all you comments,I will carry on and update next week,I don't want to give up just I want this to be the final diet for me and so want it to work out,maybe next week might be a better one (WEIGHTLOSS WISE!) :sigh:

hey jessthecat.. dont be disheartened its only your second week and you did really well in your first week, you shouldnt ever be feeling hungry because you can fill up on free foods but try and vary what you eat as well. i find food diaries really work for me but you will find something that will help you just dont give up or give in :D keep us updated and good luck x

I have to agree with the others Hun. You have had a fantastic first week weight loss and your body is in shock that it has had to give up some fat! It will try and hold on to it for the second week, but then gives in! So dont panic!
Definitely keep a food diary on here it really does help! Mine is there for all to view too.
As for the meals for your kids..there are times when they will want something that you know you really cant have, but, adapt it. My Daughter loves the KFC style chicken drumsticks - recipe in the recipe section on here and cant get enough of them when I make a batch! She also loves the smash pizza, cooked roast dinners and syn free chips with anything, so all is not lost...even fish fingers arent that high in syns at the end of the day, or you could make your own!

xx

I'm that same - if I lose over 2lbs one week, I have a slight gain or stay the same the next. It's like my body goes in to shock and clings on to everything I eat!

The trick is to eat a lot. Your body will then know you're not going to starve and will let go of the fat stores as it knows it will always have energy coming in.

I agree with the others, you're not supposed to feel hungry. Diets aren't about eating less food! They're about eating the right foods. Fruit is the best fast food around (I have a 16mo so I know it's hard to grab proper meals sometimes, but an apple keeps me going and away from his supply of choc buttons!)

Hey! I think we're in the same position. I'm on week 3, I had a 5.5 loss in the first week and a STS last week. You really shouldn't be hungry or feeling deprived - there are so many free things to choose from. You need to find your saviour - for some it's mugshots, for others it's Muller lights and for me it's Options hot chocolate (2 syns per day) and Orbit SF gum (.5 syns for 2 pieces).

Someone on here (sorry, I forgot who!) said that some people, instead of getting a 2lb loss every week, lose more every OTHER week and I'm hoping that's the reason why I didn't lose anything last week - this week I'm hoping for another 4lbs, lol.

Pleas stick at it - I'm sure you're noticing the difference in your shape and the way your clothes fit? Use that as your motivation. X

My sister PUT ON on her 3rd week, she was furious, she had stuck to plan and just couldn't believe it, however the following week she lost 5.5lb no idea why but it seems she lost 2 weeks worth in one go, so stick at it it really does work x ;)

Im giving up tonight if I havent lost anything, absolutely fed up of doing the plan 100% and it doing nothing.

So what will you do? Get back to unhealthy eating and put on weight? You'll be worse off than now!
You only have a little left to lose.
Don't give up. SW works long term if you really stick to it!

It's only my second week and I lost 5.5lb Hunny! Thats fab! in the first week and I was over the moon!! This week ive done the same (Im doing extra easy) and included some exercise this week too and lost nothing STS!! i expect this is because of such a big loss your first week. the average first week loss i'd say is 2-4 lbs. I just don't understand it :( just not sure if it worth it- It'l all be worth it when your healthy, slim, happy and have added all that extra time onto your life for leading a healthier lifestyle.,going with out nd feeling a little hungry is fine - You shouldnt be going without anything, nore should you be hungry.. at all. if you lose weight but to do that and STS.....Just not sure.

xoxThis is a long term thing hun, a change for life.. not just a diet to get you there and once its done its done, you shouldnt be going hungry or missing out on things, otherwise how will you fully incorporate it into your life- for the rest of your life?

If your not eating enough calories, then your body will certainly hold on to your fat stores, thats a given fact. So like everyone says , defo include some syns everyday , even if thats in your cooking.

My kids eat everything I eat, they love it, and I cook everything from scratch now, and find I feel so much more satisfied with my cooking, never mind how wonderful everything tastes!

Check out britmumincanada's blog its called slimming eats, she has tons of recipes!! One of our favourites is her SW ultimate burger recipe, and her choccie weetabix cake, yum yum! For me variety has been the key so I dont get bored!

So what will you do? Get back to unhealthy eating and put on weight? You'll be worse off than now!
You only have a little left to lose.
Don't give up. SW works long term if you really stick to it!

Im having a week off, then Im gunna weigh myself and see what effect it has.

I gained 1 pound this week when I stuck to it religously, I've posted my food diary for the week in that section! Furious as I turned down to meals out with friends and watched them eating chippy as I sat with my carrot sticks.
I only wanna lose my weight for my holiday which is not til July anyways.

I've basically paid them 45 quid to lose 5 pound.

Dont give up....
I have had some bad weeks but also some really good ones!! I have been going for 5 weeks, have just lost 1/2 st

week 1 -1/2
week 2 -4
week 3 +1
week 4 -3 1/2
I found that on EE I was eating massive potions of pasta & potatoes so I have swapped to mostly red days and my weight loss has been better. I think with slimming word it takes a little time to settle into it. You have to work out what works best for your weight loss then change the plan to work with that. Maybe you could try some red days and see how that works for you. Hope this helps a little and you get a positive result at your next weigh in
Anna x

Isobels your so right I have found on the weeks where I eat more pasta and rice I dotn lose as much, so although I am doing EE I have this week cut right back on rice and pasta, and 4 of this weeks meals are with potatoes instead, and I already feel a lot less bloated. Some of us just cant process that kind of carbs very well.

Last edited:
Don't give up - I had a spell of 3 weeks recently where I stayed the same and each time I left class determined to go to the chippie and stuff my face but i stuck with it and wham - lost 5.5lbs... it does work and it will work. Sometimes your body just goes into stubborn mode and doesn't do what you want it to... for me it's a battle of wills and my head won over my stomach :)

Back