i feel like i look the same?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by melissa85, 10 June 2009 Social URL.

1. melissa85

melissa85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(19.42%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    hi,

this might seem dumb but when i look in the mirror i still think i look the same although ive lost 2 stone ive only came down one dress size so sometimes i feel disheartened,

has anyone else experienced this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I have lost over 6 stone and I still see exactly the same person in the mirror - very strange innit :cool:

4. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I feel like this too, I look at the pictures at the bottom of my signature, and can hardly see a difference, although there is a 3 stone difference and I have gone down lots of dress sizes, I think that our head takes a while to catch up with our bodies. I am sure once you lose another stone you will drop at least another dress size and maybe then you will notice a difference, but dont count on it, just take onboard the compliments you will start to get soon....

5. AnneJ66

AnneJ66 Never give up

Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    well dun 4 the weight uv lost, im just re-startin so i need the inspiration. i think its a mental thing. u got any1 who cud take a foto of u once a month? if ur supa brave - just in undies - think this wud really help u as it gives u a visual referance. remember - ur lukin at urself everyday so ur not noticin the changes. i bet if u dig out a pic from b4 u started on ur diet ud b shocked at how different u now luk. keep it up gal, ur doin great. xx

6. charlie's_angel

charlie's_angel Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(49.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    You are not alone! I was saying the very same thing to my OH the other day. Even though I've gone down from a 20 to a 10 tops and 12 bottoms since I started CD I still feel big. I guess it takes time to sink in !!!

7. Minx34

Minx34 Minx xx

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet SS
    Hi guys!

I think I read on here somewhere (was it KD?) that it can take about 10 months for your brain to catch up with your body! So, you are still seeing the person you were! This is also why when you put on weight, you have put on alot before you suddenly see yourself and think "cripes, I need to do something about this"!!

Not sure if that makes sense! Sorto of does to me but not sure I have expressed it right! lol!

Anyway, you are all inspirational and I am sure your brain will catch you up soon and show you ALL just how fab you look!

xx

8. bella16

bella16 Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well done on your weight loss, its fabulous that you have lost 2 stone.......2 stone is a lot to lose! You are doing well, and im sure once your brain starts catching up with whats in the mirror you are going to be so pleased. Stick with it! Well done!

9. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I felt like that when I looked in the mirror, but was taking photos every 4 weeks, and thats where I really noticed it.

10. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    i have lost nearly 7 stone from when i first started losing weight and i honestly can't notice the difference! i KNOW i am fitting into a size 14 now down from a 22 but i still look in the mirror and feel massive. i think tonight i'll put on an old pair of 22 trousers to see exactly where i used to be.

JimmyShoo likes this.
  11. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Melissa, haven't seen you on the threads for ages, great to see how well you've been doing!

xxx

12. melissa85

melissa85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(19.42%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    thanks everyone will just wait and see how it goes.

hi katy, yeah ave no been on for ages moved house and broadband supplier mucked up. glad to see everyone doing so well

13. Luci-De-Milo

Luci-De-Milo is going to do this!

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(17.06%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (CD)
    I'm the same! I've lost a stone and a half, and at first was seeing the difference and thinking, "ohh im starting to look slim!", now I'm back to thinking, "OH MY GOD I'm enormous!"

It's just something to spur you on though!

14. JimmyShoo

JimmyShoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.32%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think the trying on "Fat" clothes is the trick. We are all doing this for a reason and we have all probably got a poor self image i am sure that when the brain catches up it'll be fine. I am defo keeping my fattest jeans though hee hee what a fab idea x

15. cheekychick81

cheekychick81 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    i had this conversation with my 2 (size 8) best friends the other night.... ive lost 2 stone too and although my clothes are hanging off and the tape measure shows inches lost when i look in the mirror naked i cant see and difference at all... weird!!

keep up the good work:)

16. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yep! know exactly what you are saying!!

I am now in my small 14's (and hocking them up:p) and I remember when I started cd thinking they look tiny but when they are on:sigh:

I take photos on post on here it really helps me 'see' if that makes sence??

xxxwell done on doing so well

17. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've posted this before but a number of years back when I had lost quite a bit of weight and I still felt fat I went to a wedding. All night I was feeling a mess. Later on I looked across the room and saw a girl who looked quite like me but she was much thinner and prettier. I said to my husband, "Look at her, she's quite like me. That's what I want to look like when I lose more weight" He couldn't believe what I had said- One wall was actually a mirror and I was looking at myself! So trust me I felt fat but I wasn't really. Funny how when I looked in mirror at home, knowing I was looking at myself I didn't like what I saw!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    wow bet that felt really weird!!

20. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Very weird but very good. So we are changing whether we know it or not.
    Another weird thing at that point was that one night I was out with my hubby and we met a big crowd we knew and one of the girls was drawing me dirty looks all night. I finally asked her what I had done to offend her (as I didn't know her that well but had liked her). She couldn't believe it was me- she thought my husband had met someone else!

Anisah likes this.
  21. badger1980

badger1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st0lb(40.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hold tight, it takes a long time for the brain to catch up with your body. Ive just been through my facebook photos and actually look really big in my old photos where for so long I didnt think I did.
    Funny one really. :)

Last edited: 10 June 2009
  22. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Badger I just had a look at your photos and you are a different person! Wow! What an encouragement! Has it been hard?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.