i feel like i look the same?

melissa85

Silver Member
hi,

this might seem dumb but when i look in the mirror i still think i look the same although ive lost 2 stone ive only came down one dress size so sometimes i feel disheartened,

has anyone else experienced this?

I have lost over 6 stone and I still see exactly the same person in the mirror - very strange innit :cool:

I feel like this too, I look at the pictures at the bottom of my signature, and can hardly see a difference, although there is a 3 stone difference and I have gone down lots of dress sizes, I think that our head takes a while to catch up with our bodies. I am sure once you lose another stone you will drop at least another dress size and maybe then you will notice a difference, but dont count on it, just take onboard the compliments you will start to get soon....

well dun 4 the weight uv lost, im just re-startin so i need the inspiration. i think its a mental thing. u got any1 who cud take a foto of u once a month? if ur supa brave - just in undies - think this wud really help u as it gives u a visual referance. remember - ur lukin at urself everyday so ur not noticin the changes. i bet if u dig out a pic from b4 u started on ur diet ud b shocked at how different u now luk. keep it up gal, ur doin great. xx

You are not alone! I was saying the very same thing to my OH the other day. Even though I've gone down from a 20 to a 10 tops and 12 bottoms since I started CD I still feel big. I guess it takes time to sink in !!!

Hi guys!

I think I read on here somewhere (was it KD?) that it can take about 10 months for your brain to catch up with your body! So, you are still seeing the person you were! This is also why when you put on weight, you have put on alot before you suddenly see yourself and think "cripes, I need to do something about this"!!

Not sure if that makes sense! Sorto of does to me but not sure I have expressed it right! lol!

Anyway, you are all inspirational and I am sure your brain will catch you up soon and show you ALL just how fab you look!

xx

I felt like that when I looked in the mirror, but was taking photos every 4 weeks, and thats where I really noticed it.

i have lost nearly 7 stone from when i first started losing weight and i honestly can't notice the difference! i KNOW i am fitting into a size 14 now down from a 22 but i still look in the mirror and feel massive. i think tonight i'll put on an old pair of 22 trousers to see exactly where i used to be.

Melissa, haven't seen you on the threads for ages, great to see how well you've been doing!

xxx

thanks everyone will just wait and see how it goes.

hi katy, yeah ave no been on for ages moved house and broadband supplier mucked up. glad to see everyone doing so well

I'm the same! I've lost a stone and a half, and at first was seeing the difference and thinking, "ohh im starting to look slim!", now I'm back to thinking, "OH MY GOD I'm enormous!"

It's just something to spur you on though!

I think the trying on "Fat" clothes is the trick. We are all doing this for a reason and we have all probably got a poor self image i am sure that when the brain catches up it'll be fine. I am defo keeping my fattest jeans though hee hee what a fab idea x

i had this conversation with my 2 (size 8) best friends the other night.... ive lost 2 stone too and although my clothes are hanging off and the tape measure shows inches lost when i look in the mirror naked i cant see and difference at all... weird!!

keep up the good work:)

yep! know exactly what you are saying!!

I am now in my small 14's (and hocking them up:p) and I remember when I started cd thinking they look tiny but when they are on:sigh:

I take photos on post on here it really helps me 'see' if that makes sence??

xxxwell done on doing so well

I've posted this before but a number of years back when I had lost quite a bit of weight and I still felt fat I went to a wedding. All night I was feeling a mess. Later on I looked across the room and saw a girl who looked quite like me but she was much thinner and prettier. I said to my husband, "Look at her, she's quite like me. That's what I want to look like when I lose more weight" He couldn't believe what I had said- One wall was actually a mirror and I was looking at myself! So trust me I felt fat but I wasn't really. Funny how when I looked in mirror at home, knowing I was looking at myself I didn't like what I saw!

I've posted this before but a number of years back when I had lost quite a bit of weight and I still felt fat I went to a wedding. All night I was feeling a mess. Later on I looked across the room and saw a girl who looked quite like me but she was much thinner and prettier. I said to my husband, "Look at her, she's quite like me. That's what I want to look like when I lose more weight" He couldn't believe what I had said- One wall was actually a mirror and I was looking at myself! So trust me I felt fat but I wasn't really. Funny how when I looked in mirror at home, knowing I was looking at myself I didn't like what I saw!

wow bet that felt really weird!!

Very weird but very good. So we are changing whether we know it or not.
Another weird thing at that point was that one night I was out with my hubby and we met a big crowd we knew and one of the girls was drawing me dirty looks all night. I finally asked her what I had done to offend her (as I didn't know her that well but had liked her). She couldn't believe it was me- she thought my husband had met someone else!

Hold tight, it takes a long time for the brain to catch up with your body. Ive just been through my facebook photos and actually look really big in my old photos where for so long I didnt think I did.
Funny one really. :)

Last edited:
Hi Badger I just had a look at your photos and you are a different person! Wow! What an encouragement! Has it been hard?

Back