I feel like raiding the whole kitchen in a binge fest!

I am fed up!
I had been doing ww for months, chipping away at weight bit by bit, and the main reason I started CD is because we were thinking of having a baby, and trying Aug/Sept ish. Therefore I wanted to ditch the weight fast so that I could be a far healthier mum-to-be. Well over a stone gone, got into the 11's this morning and had a huge smile on my face, then hubby ruined it for me by saying he wasn't so sure that having another baby was a good idea!
To say I am annoyed is a massive understatement. I always knew it was something i probably wanted more than him, but he was aware of the idea and was warming to it lets say. Then today he drops this bombshell, throws in about 10 reasons why we shouldn't have any more children, and I just went out and slammed the door behind me.
I haven't spoken to him since, I am so bloomin angry I daren't... and now i just feel like going in the kitchen and eating whatever I want. It is only the fact I like the slimmer quick feeling that is stopping me, but I just think "if there is now no reason to do it quickly" why bother? So fed up!

Don't do it Hun, your OH has months to come round to the idea. Keep up your good work, you've done so well so far, to give up now would be sad.
By the time autum comes around you'll be slim, and your OH will have changed his mind. (fingers crossed for you)
:grouphugg:

Hi Tinka,

Sorry to hear your husband has changed his mind, but who is to say he won't change it back again.

Well done on getting into the 11's on the scales this morning:happy096:

Sometimes men wilt under the pressure of making babies.

Focus on yourself and make sure you are getting fit and healthy and what will be will be.:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

How are you doing now? Stick with it and do it for you anyway. You never know what the future holds xxx

I didn't cave in, and still haven't - and there is bacon a cookin' lol. Argh. Getting on the scales again today and seeing 11st 12lb (1lb and a quarter less than yest!) is helping believe me.
I would also like to train as a cdc, so I think every learning experience, craving, bad mood etc. all helps me to understand what others will go through.
On the baby front... well. I said to hubby this morning when he mentioned my shake "I don't even know why I am rushing to lose weight if we are not going to be trying for a baby anymore" and he said "You KNOW we can have a baby if you want one, I was just saying I was concerned about sleeping arrangements etc.".
Hmmm, and they say women are fickle. He kinda laughed, gave me a hug and said "you know me, I always have to be the sensible yet pessimistic one, and you are the impulsive optimistic one"
Anyway, I am still 100% and feeling good about the weight. Trousers are now dropping off me and I need to pop to Matalan or somewhere to get some cheap ones to fill the gap.

Perhaps he was thinking that it would take you a long time (or maybe you would fail) to lose the weight so now it is becoming a reality he is getting cold feet??

It is all about money with him, he is a worry wort when it comes to finances. Fair enough I guess, I am always of the mind "it will work out", but he is much more organised with money. lol

Well what a subject to test your will power ! and you came out the other side.

Keep up the well deserved results!

Bren
X

My OH is sometimes the sensible pessimistic one and I'm the spur of the moment, impulsive optimist (except on bad days!)

Sometimes it's good because they can stop you getting too carried away, but other times it just feels like they're raining on your parade!

That's probably why you work so well together though - because of the differences. You could explain to him that that's why you'd make such good Parents! :D

I didn't cave in, and still haven't - and there is bacon a cookin' lol. Argh. Getting on the scales again today and seeing 11st 12lb (1lb and a quarter less than yest!) is helping believe me.
I would also like to train as a cdc, so I think every learning experience, craving, bad mood etc. all helps me to understand what others will go through.
On the baby front... well. I said to hubby this morning when he mentioned my shake "I don't even know why I am rushing to lose weight if we are not going to be trying for a baby anymore" and he said "You KNOW we can have a baby if you want one, I was just saying I was concerned about sleeping arrangements etc.".
Hmmm, and they say women are fickle. He kinda laughed, gave me a hug and said "you know me, I always have to be the sensible yet pessimistic one, and you are the impulsive optimistic one"
Anyway, I am still 100% and feeling good about the weight. Trousers are now dropping off me and I need to pop to Matalan or somewhere to get some cheap ones to fill the gap.

I just love my children soooooo much. They truly are the reason my life is as good as it is. I have to have just one last addition to our family, and then he can get the snip if he likes, I won't change my mind. I will be 37 in Aug, so I know this will be my 4th and final baby. Plus we already have everything we could possibly ever need (apart from the extra bedroom!) LOL.
I have a 13 week old nephew too, so I have been broody for a while. My other children will be 10, 8, and 3 all within the next few weeks. so a good age spread.

Last edited:
Massive well done for not caving and eating, dont think I could have been that strong! And wow 3 kids-must keep you busy! funny, I always thought I'd want more than one kid but on the tough days 1 suits me just fine, he's only 8 months so its bound to get harder! early days though, maybe I'll change my mind in a couple of years time!

Back