I feel old!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
As Google has reminded me, 40 years since Sesame ST started and 20 years since Wallace and Gromit! Where has the time gone?

20 years since Wallace & Gromit, where has the time gone, I love them to bit's.

Crikey, I can remember sitting and watching Sesame Street and Big Bird with my DD on my knee - and she will be 39 in April next year.

I feel old now Judi, LOL.....

Oh Judi, I know what you mean, (although I have to admit I havent quite reached your esteemed years!). I work part time in an office of, what seem to me like, teenagers! There are two people who are slightly older than me, & frankly, a good old reminisce about all the old TV shows, always gets us few raised eyebrows! I recall with fondness Watch with Mother, including Hectors House, The Clangers, Andy Pandy, Mr Benn (as if by magic, the shopkeeper appeared!) Muffin the Mule, Larry the lamb to name but a few, & later, The Magic Roundabout, & Ivor the Engine. Once we even managed all the words to the "Shake & Vac" song. Ah happy days!

Don't forget Prudence the Kitten! And I loved the Goodies!

Do you remember Jon Pertwee as 'Worzel Gummidge' - we used to love that on a Sunday afternoon, drinking tea and eating hot buttered crumpets - my kids thought he was magical.

Happy days......

Worzel was magic :D

I was in shock the other day when I saw the Wallace and Gromit 20th birthday thing on google! 20 years! That made me feel old.

Do you remember Jon Pertwee as 'Worzel Gummidge' - we used to love that on a Sunday afternoon, drinking tea and eating hot buttered crumpets - my kids thought he was magical.

Happy days......

Ooooooh yes and Aunt Sally, essential viewing that, what about white horses (I still know the words to the song lightning tree, how sad is that) and Sebastian with the big st Bearnard dog too. Adored Hectors house with Kiki and does anyone remember poggles wood?

Oh and the 'Clangers' too.....they were wonderful, I wonder what soup the Soup Dragon used to make, LOL....

And who could forget 'The Magic Roundabout'...I loved all the characters.

And dear old 'Captain Pugwash' with Jim his cabin boy.

Oh dear I really am showing my age now, LOL.....

Last edited:
my all time favourite is bagpuss ohhh and chealsea/penny whoppers!

Black Beauty was another favourite as a young girl and little house on the prairie lol. Used to love watching both of these as well as alot of the others already mentioned.

Does anyone remember Bel and sebastian, it was french i think dubbed into english,black and white about a boy and his dog. I hasten to add i can only just about remember it!!

The other thing that stopped me in my tracks the other day was the anniversary of the Berlin wall coming down,doesnt seem that long ago!

Monty Python! So off the wall, we discussed it with the chemistry master next day!

I LOVE the shipping forecast, so soothing but I can't stay awake for it any more. I was very angry re the re-naming of one of the regions, but can't remember what it was now! (senior moment!)

Back