i feel so thick!

franbella21

minimims stalker
im on week 8 and have been bit naughty so just did a ketostik and cant remember what colour means that your in ketosis lol! its very light pink any help really appreciated x:wave_cry:

Any sign of pink and you're in Ketosis. So yay you're in!! I've given up on Ketostix, I did one this morning and it was beige, then so I did a more accurate test at work and it was pink....so either I've got a dodgey batch of Ketostix or they just aren't as reliable as the hospital Multistix....xxx

Last edited:
thanks surf :) all good news then! i get mine from my cdc she gave me a little bag of them or i believe you can buy them from any chemist hun.

You can get them from the Chemist, I got mine from Boots, you need to ask the pharmacist and they're not always keen to hand them over to people on VLCD's, infact the first time I bought some the pharmacist told me he disapproved of selling his stock of Ketostix to people on faddy diets. Luckily for me I know enough about them to put him in his place. I told him that I thought he was very rude as I wasn't on a diet, I was in fact diabetic and needed to check my urine for ketones because I was feeling under the weather lately!! It was all a big lie, but he was so patronising he deserved it. So if they ask if you're on a VLCD and get funny about it, just tell them you're diabetic and refuse to tell them anymore than that lol. I'd hate to think I was asking that pharmacist for the morning after pill, I can only imagine the lecture then!!

thanks surf :) all good news then! i get mine from my cdc she gave me a little bag of them or i believe you can buy them from any chemist hun.

I'd make sure they're in a sealed tub hun, because any moisture on them at all makes them useless when you come to use them, especially if you keep them in the bathroom where you have steam from the shower etc. x

ooohhhh no so maybe they are wrong? i had them in a sealed bag in my handbag? hope they be ok lol.was getting excited then infact couldnt quite believe it was pink as ate yest? can i go back into ketosis that quickly?

I've never had them give a false positive reading, if it's pink, you're def in ketosis because only the ketones in your wee can change the colour. Mine have been giving false negatives, and my CDC's are the same, according the stix we're not in ketosis even though I know for a fact I am, I can tell by how I feel, and I get a really sweet taste in my mouth.

I wouldn't rely too much on them, though. I used to use the Multistix all the time even though I knew there was no way I could be out of ketosis, there's no point. I only use them now to make sure I'm back in the pink after a blip.

They should be okay in a sealed bag, I bring my 'borrowed' ones home from work in a ziplock bag and they've been fine.

i think that the sticks are a bit of a waste of space really. you can be out and it still be pink as, from what i can gather, you can still have keytones in your system yet if you been eating carbs you can be out of it. try again tomorrow.

also, i think the best test is... if you breath is still stinky, you don't feel hungry etc

I agree - ditch the sticks, you will be losing weight if you stick to the diet - whatever colour they go. I've never used them - too tight to spend my money on them, but I always know when I'm back in ketosis. The breath, the lack of hunger etc... If I feel good on the diet then all is well! :)
But then if it works for others - keep checking. I think the most important thing with VLCDs is that you do whatever you need to do to stick to it. :)

yep you will be. when i first start i'm hungry for the first 2 weeks, but it's not mega bad - just need my body to cotton on type thing. it soon goes.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread but it's quite scary how you're all so willing to put yourselves into such a dangerous position with ketones. I am a diabetic and have had for 22 years and know how serious ketoacidosis is! It can kill, 2 years ago my fiance and I lost a very close friend of ours to this.

I'm not making any judgments, I know how keen I am to lose weight. You can't hear my voice through my words so I just want to say that I really understand about wanting to lose weight but there are lots of other, longer lasting safer ways of doing so. Type in ketoacidosis into google and read up on it if you haven't already (although I am sure most of you will have done)

Jeez I sound like a nag, sorry it's just so worrying for me to read
xx

Just before anyone panics after googling ketoacidosis, I just thought I'd put peoples minds at rest with this bit of info:

Ketoacidosis is a potentially life-threatening condition most often associated with uncontrolled insulin-deficient type 1 diabetes.

Ketoacidosis does not occur in people who have even a small amount of insulin, whether from natural production or artificially administered.

Ketosis from normal ketone production, a result of being on a low-energy, low-carbohydrate diet such as LighterLife or Cambridge, is nothing to do with ketoacidosis.

Thanks for your concern 4Stone2Lose, it brought up a valid point. I'm at work at the moment and have just checked these facts with one of the doctors. xxx

Back