I fell off the wagon for 5/6 months there....im back, sorry :(

Hey Jim! Not moving too far, still staying in glasgow - just moving to a nicer area! :)

Hi..I fell off the diet goodstyle too...and packed in smoking last May...I used the Alan Carr method if you are interested x
Didn't put weight on and feels tons better :)
All back being good now

Alan Carr method?!

"The Alan Carr Easyway to stop smoking" its a book, but they do seminars for £200 (available cheaper if you are eligible for NHS discounts...I found out AFTER attending!) with a full money back guarantee.
It certainly worked for me...no cravings, just a great sense of relief that I wasn't a smoker anymore...immediately!!!
I could twitter on for ever about it coz it's easy!
He does a weight loss thing too...but not heard such good reports about that...think he should've stuck to stopping smoking!
M
x

That's nice claire, we had a friend in Glasgow, lived in a real life tenament, it was nice inside though.

Some of the tenament flats are huge inside. I used to live in one and other than the neighbours I loved it.

Yes Jo, this one was large, it was in Paisly I think, long time ago when I was a young soldier

I used to live in a massive 3 bed tennament flat in Dennistoun (East Glasgow). There were 3 massive bedrooms with built in wardrobes, a huge square hall and walk-in wardrobe, decent sized bathroom, huge dining kitchen, and I swear, I had 3 3/4 seater sofas in the living room, and one side of the room was for my computers! Massive!

Love tenaments, but most of them have long narrow bathrooms with the bath in the middle and I absolutely HATE that! lol!

Flat I'm moving to is pretty new, 2 bed, 2 bath and, best of all... its got a lift! hahaha! Will do my best to take the stairs ;)

The one that Iain and Marie had had shutter beds, is that the right term Claire, we loved them,so different

Shutter beds? U mean window shutters?

Hi Claire. Are you still smoke free? It's been 5 weeks for me. I'm on champix but it's awful and makes me feel sick so I have to eat and the weight is piling on. Well done, keep it up.

"The Alan Carr Easyway to stop smoking" its a book, but they do seminars for £200 (available cheaper if you are eligible for NHS discounts...I found out AFTER attending!) with a full money back guarantee.
It certainly worked for me...no cravings, just a great sense of relief that I wasn't a smoker anymore...immediately!!!
I could twitter on for ever about it coz it's easy!
He does a weight loss thing too...but not heard such good reports about that...think he should've stuck to stopping smoking!
M
x
PMSL!!!!! Have a vision of big teeth and camp swagger showing us how to give up smoking!!!!:D:D:D Think it should be ' Allen Carr'....did make me chuckle tho!!

Morning Claire. Hope you have a good day:)

Hehe! I was wondering about the Alan Carr thingy too! :p

And Jim, I'm thinking that would have been the recess. Used to have it off the living room and kitchen as bedrooms back in the old days so they could squeeze more people into the flats!

Most of the tenaments now have stud partitions up where the shutters would have been, and the wall between the recesses knocked down, to create space for a little kitchen, so the old kitchen can be made into another bedroom.

If that makes sense? And if thats not what we're talking about then that will make no sense at all! haha!

Lisa - still not smoking. Could quite easily have had one last night when I was stressing out. Just as well I didnt have any in the house, otherwise it would have been a disaster! I was using patches for the first week and a half, then forgot to wear it one day and havent used anything since. I must have found that 'willpower' thing people keep talking about?! ;)

That's it Claire, exactly that love

Hee Hee...I knew Alan Carr didn't look right when I posted it...Allen Carr is better for stopping smoking !

Claire, are you talking about the old 'bed recesses'? Wow! Even our Mount florida 'tiled close' tenement flat had one in the kitchen!

Fantastic about the no-smoking. all of you. I gave up twenty years ago and am still thankful that I was able to. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

I had a raisin brioche roll last night. Oh, the shame of it! Ha ha. Back to being strict again today.

Back