I find it hard to eat up to my daily points

carolj2005

I used to do the old Weight Watchers quite a few years ago, now starting on this ProPoints one I find I don't manage to eat up to the minimum points I'm supposed to have. Apparently I'm only supposed to have 26 daily but I struggle to meet it! :(

Forgot to say - my food diary is a spreadsheet I modified from a Weight Watchers one I found online. I altered the formulas to match the new propoints sysyem and track everything I eat, it calculates the propoints for me. It's handy for me to carry around and update throughout the day when I'm at work.

Today's food so far

Breakfast
1 Apple
1 Banana

Lunch

Salad 0
Chicken 5pp

Dinner (when I get home)

Sweet and Sour Chicken 15pp

I've looked through my WW books but find that most things listed are things I don't like to eat. I'll have to have a shopping day on Saturday to find things that I will eat and work out all the points.

First weigh in and lost 4lb, not a bad start. Just have to keep it up.

Well done thats great, 26 is the minuim our bodies need to survive so try abd eat them all otherwise it will go into starvation xx

First weigh in and lost 4lb, not a bad start. Just have to keep it up.

Ho hun fab news on the loss! Like Hollie said the point's they give us are the minimum amount you need to survive, you will have to treat yourself to few little treats to enjoy ;)

Well i'm low again today

Breakfast was just an apple and cuppa 1pp

I snacked on a banana mid morning

Lunch was a WW Veg Broth 3pp and a salad
Another cuppa 1pp

afternoon snack was just a pear

Dinner was a lovely Chicken in peppercorn sauce with garlic potatoes 11pp
And another cuppa.

I know I should be eating more and maybe having treats to get the points up, but then I'd be eating just for the sake of eating and I don't want to get in that habit. I feel full/satisfied so I'm not craving extras.

I know how hard it can be hun, I get a whopping 46 a day! sometimes I could eat 10pp all day and others I could eat 110! I end up making bad food choices just to use them up sometimes.

Today

Breakfast: Banana and Pear

Snack: Banana

Lunch:
Salad
Tomato and Basil Soup (WW) - 2pp
3 X WW Bread - 4pp (according to calc)

Snack: Pear and Apple

Dinner:
Shepherds Pie (Morrisons) - 12
3 X WW Bread - 4pp (according to calc)

Well that's closer to my target at least. Now for day 3 of wiifit, can just about move my arms from yesterday :character00115:

Just finished 24 mins of Biggest Loser Challenge on Wii. I'm pooped:faint2:

Hi Hollie. Not too good on the dailies, unfortunately still eating under. I think the most I've managed in one day is 21 so far.

Looking at your food diary, I'd say you could add nuts or something to your snacks, and you definitely need to add some protein (chicken, tuna, hummus or some other form of pulse) to your lunches. These will both help you to increase the number of points you're eating.

Looking at your food diary, I'd say you could add nuts or something to your snacks, and you definitely need to add some protein (chicken, tuna, hummus or some other form of pulse) to your lunches. These will both help you to increase the number of points you're eating.

Thanks. Have bought some Tuna, chicken, turkey etc for next weeks lunches. Find a lot of things I should be eating I don't like but am going to try and eat more.

Loss again this week

Lost one pound this week. I'm happy with that, at least it's going in the right direction :clap:

Congratz hun! well done!

Thanks for the support Sara-lou.

I made it into the 12's I'm well chuffed, am even getting into size 14 clothes now and I haven't managed that in years. Been a hellish few weeks at work but I'm sticking with it and managing daily exercising too. I'm mainly doing Biggest Loser Challenge on the Wii (and not very good at it according to Jillian and Bob!) I can only manage 20 mins sessions before I collapse on the bed :sigh: but I think I'm improving.

Onward and downward I go :whacky068:

Back