:( i had a binge... & now feeling miserable

lottie***

Last night i was left on my own, my bf went out drinking and i purposely didnt go out (not that i would have drunk) because i knew it was an oppertunity to eat, so i was planning all the time to eat even though i didnt want to..

I had only protein but i binged, i ate chicken, prawns, cheese, what ever i could really. So im back to the good old eating habits that i had before, protein or carbs, its still the same habbit and issue i have always had, now im feeling a bit down in the dumps and have lost the little spark i had.

I dont know what to do to get over this problem...

Can anyone help me out on this???

xx

Sorry, no words of wisdom( I scoffed strawberry jam on toast last night so am hardly a good example).
I have realised though, that no matter whether it's protein or carb, it's still a problem to eat anything when I suppose to be ss. That why I have a new determination from today to stick 100% from now. I didn't struggle like this before I ate so I can get back there again.
You can too :) Dust yourself off and get straight back to it :)

Thanks amanda, our staring weight is practically the same and im only 1/2 inch shorter than you so very similar! and im only a few pounds ahead of you.. i will stick with, i can do this!!! and keep up with your positiveness! because you can do it too! on that note im off to fill my water bottel back up lol! xx

Sorry - tough words-

You chose to eat, for a reason - I would understand if you were down to your last half a stone because that is the hardest, but you are doing so well with your loss and you still have a bit of time to go before goal, so what was the reason for your eatin
g? Had you had a row with your o/h or hadnt lost as much as you wanted?

You have to reconise the reason before you can properly carry on as it can easily happen again...I know I have been there!

Lauren x

i dont know, i just really wanted to eat, we had bickered but not rowed and we were fine when he went out, i dont know why i did it.... i didnt need to i know, i even had a good 5lb loss last week. i just get this feeling about food, before i do it i cant see straight, its like my mind is completely fixed on that and nothing i do or think changes me, i dont know if this makes sense...

Hi lottie, I know that feeling very well myself, it's almost like if I've already told myself that I'm going to cheat then I can't change my mind back again and I get fixated....it's horrible!!

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that you were left on your own in the house on a Friday night and you ate out of comfort?? Weekend nights are always difficult if I'm not out and I sometimes have an argument with myself to stay on track, so you def aren't the only one!

On the upside at least you stuck to protein so you hopefully won't have knocked yourself out of ketosis and can get stuck back into cd without any glitches, when I come off plan all I want to do is eat chocolate hehe ;)

Good luck in getting back into it.

xx

thanks for that post, its so nice to know its not just me that has this issue, i have tried explaining it to my CDC too, its really odd, my head just wont let me justify anything else, or i feel like i cant do anything else, i will eat before i do anything, ie put shopping away, i would just stand there with it all around me and eat. it so horrible and i need to find out whats going to help me stop doing this, or what it is that will crack through when i feel like that, not even looking at my befroe pics on fridge or how much weight i have already lost is enough to stop me.

Good luck with your journey too xx

Gosh I could have so written your posts...I will be sitting there planning what I will eat in my mind and its like something takes over me and before I know it I've stuffed my gob! I dont dwell on it though I just drink loads of water after. As long as its not an every day/weekly thing then I doubt it will have much effect on you. But main thing is try and remember how you are feeling now....I last had a binge on Thursday, once i started i just felt i couldnt stop!! So I wrote down all I had eaten and then wrote how I felt, and then put down all my goals and noted that if i carried on bingeing then i wont reach my goals and that has really helped me :)

thanks yvonne. im going to try that, my cdc suggested i start writing it down too. xx

The eating before putting the shopping away thing made me laugh, I do EXACTLY the same thing, trust me we aren't the only ones either!!

I have a couple of friends who have dabbled with LL and CD and they both have the same thing it's almost like being posessed and you just HAVE to eat, at the minute I'm off cd due to having swine flu and you can't take the tamiflu on an empty stomach, I was fine on Thursday and yesterday but today I wasn't even hungry and I ate a massive bowl of shreddies?!

I've spoken about it with my cd and she said its because you go from one extreme of another, i.e on cd it's so strict to then when you aren't on it you feel like you should eat everything in sight because you know when you get back on cd you can't have it..... I suppose at least we can recognise why we do it and I'm going to work so hard at not falling into the binging trap when I get to goal because there won't be any 'going back on ss tomorrow so can easily get rid of these lbs gained from a binge'

sorry for the massive post just something I can really relate to ;)

xxx

Last night i was left on my own, my bf went out drinking and i purposely didnt go out (not that i would have drunk) because i knew it was an oppertunity to eat, so i was planning all the time to eat even though i didnt want to..

I had only protein but i binged, i ate chicken, prawns, cheese, what ever i could really. So im back to the good old eating habits that i had before, protein or carbs, its still the same habbit and issue i have always had, now im feeling a bit down in the dumps and have lost the little spark i had.

I dont know what to do to get over this problem...

Can anyone help me out on this???

xx

Sucks doesn't it? I pigged out on a whole 11.5" Dominos pizza a few weeks back. Ok, the thing tasted yummy but you know when you've stuffed your face and you sit back and feel great? There was none of that, I just felt fat and bloated which is what I was... On top of that mentally I felt like a bit of a dick for doing it. I felt so bad afterward I learned a lesson and so far (touch wood) I've not done it again, resisting everything from bacon sarnies to yummy party food.

Maybe you could use the bad feelings you have now to your advantage? The next time you feel like a feast think of how you are feeling now, weigh it against the couple of minutes of tasty pleasure you'll get from the food and ask youself 'is it worth it'? That's what I do and so far it's working fine.

Draw a line under it and move on... if you dwell you might want to eat again.... or at least that's what I do. Drink lots flush all those nasty toxins out and get back onto plan. YOU CAN DO IT! and we are allhere to give you a boot up the bum!

Back