I had a revelation!!!

athens

Hi fellow dukanians!!!
I am so happy today, I just made quark cheese!! You see, they don't have it in the market here and I had no idea what it tastes like!
I live in Greece, so that's why I can't get all of the products!
I was substituting it with cottage cheese or yoghurt (galette...) without great success!
After I made a small quantity today, I hat the GREATEST galette ever!! I love it!!
Next thing I am making is pancakes! (As soon as my boyfriend brings me the muffin tin I bought, which is in his car...:jelous:)
I will try another method to make the cheese and I will post the easier one under recipes if you are interested! But to be honest, if you can find it in the supermarket,
why make it? Oh you are all so lucky! You can get everything!!! I can't even get fat free cottage cheese, I just buy 2%! Of course I can't complain,
we have plenty of olive oil and lots of other lovely stuff (I can't eat any of those though....)
Sorry for the babble, I just had to tell!! :)

Have a great day you all!

Athens you babble as much s you like. ....thata a great find for you enjoy x

One of my favourite places in the world is Athens and Cephalonia my all time favourite - you could always try making your own cottage cheese/yoghurt loads of recipes on the net :)

I have already tried making yoghurt but it came out a bit runny...
I am going to try again, and I will keep making quark!

I have already tried making yoghurt but it came out a bit runny...
I am going to try again, and I will keep making quark!

To get it really thick strain it through some muslin in the fridge - turns out just like greek yoghurt

To get it really thick strain it through some muslin in the fridge - turns out just like greek yoghurt

thank you Chris! I will give that a try as well!
Well done on your achievement! it is fantastic to have reached your true weight! Happy consolidation!!!!

Back