i had food,will this effect me?

hannahxx

hey everyone, im on my 4th day of cambridge and i've stuck to it 100% however today i had a really small slice of apple pie. Do you think this will knock me out of ketosis? I'm so annoyed at myself as i wasn't even hungry and i know that if i'm going to eat it should be protein. I'm going to get straight back on track tomorrow but was just wondering how this silly blip will effect me. Thanx for eveyones advice. x x

It depends. the reason we are told to eat protein, is that ketosis is dependent on carblevels, so even the slightest amount of carbs can upset the balance.

Im sure there will be CDC around can give you more informed advice. x

It really depends on your level of sensitivity to carbs, so you can't tell.

More important to acknowledge the blip and move forward. After all, not much you can do about it now anyway

Onwards...forwards and all that :)

thank you for replying! im just going to start afresh 2morrow and i think if one things has come out of it, i dont think i'll be nibbling again as feel too guilty! thanks guys xx

i think for a blip, it was a relatively small one...at least it wasnt the whole pie! You will probably find it makes you more determined from now on to succeed. Best of luck :)

I think as far as blips go its a relatively minor one (although to you it probably doesn't feel like it) the important thing is to draw a line and move forward. If you have been knocked out of ketosis then it won't take you long to use up the carbs and get back into it.
Try not to beat yourself up about it. :hug99:

Back