i had food,will this effect me?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by hannahxx, 5 March 2009 Social URL.

1. hannahxx

hannahxx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    hey everyone, im on my 4th day of cambridge and i've stuck to it 100% however today i had a really small slice of apple pie. Do you think this will knock me out of ketosis? I'm so annoyed at myself as i wasn't even hungry and i know that if i'm going to eat it should be protein. I'm going to get straight back on track tomorrow but was just wondering how this silly blip will effect me. Thanx for eveyones advice. x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stargirl

Stargirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.87%)
    Diet:
    CD - SS
    It depends. the reason we are told to eat protein, is that ketosis is dependent on carblevels, so even the slightest amount of carbs can upset the balance.

Im sure there will be CDC around can give you more informed advice. x

4. hannahxx

hannahxx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    thanx for your help, hopefeully someone knows the answer! x

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    It really depends on your level of sensitivity to carbs, so you can't tell.

More important to acknowledge the blip and move forward. After all, not much you can do about it now anyway

Onwards...forwards and all that :)

6. hannahxx

hannahxx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    thank you for replying! im just going to start afresh 2morrow and i think if one things has come out of it, i dont think i'll be nibbling again as feel too guilty! thanks guys xx

7. sleepybird

sleepybird wants a pony

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.86%)
    Diet:
    CD
    i think for a blip, it was a relatively small one...at least it wasnt the whole pie! You will probably find it makes you more determined from now on to succeed. Best of luck :)

8. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I think as far as blips go its a relatively minor one (although to you it probably doesn't feel like it) the important thing is to draw a line and move forward. If you have been knocked out of ketosis then it won't take you long to use up the carbs and get back into it.
    Try not to beat yourself up about it. :hug99:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.