I had my baby and want to start back.

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
He is 4 weeks old on thursday and i lost 19lbs straight away which is cool and am nearly back at pre birth weight but i am being a bridesmaid in april and am desperate to loose weight.

Any ideas how i go about doing this diet whilst bfeeding?
x

Reactions: Taz
Congraulations on the safe arrival of your baby.

Welcome back to the forum, and good luck with your continuing weight loss.

This is from the SW website:

Q: Can I still come to Slimming World while breastfeeding?

A: Once your baby is 6 weeks old and you've had your post-natal check-up, you are welcome to return to your group, but we ask you to check first with your midwife or doctor. Your body needs extra energy and calcium while you are breastfeeding and we recommend you increase your Healthy Extra choices. Your Consultant will be able to show you the recommendations and booklet in your group.

Congrats on your little man he is gorgeous. Dont worry you will continue to lose weigh while BF but SW is basically a healthy eating program so should be fine with some extra calcium I would think

Congratulations!! As evanesco has said, you'll need to wait a couple more weeks, but once you've had your check and your doctor gives you the go ahead you can get going again! :)

I started back when my youngest was 10 weeks and was given a separate booklet with some info re the extra healthy extras you get whilst breastfeeding. They also suggest you have your 15 syns per day. Don't be too hard on yourself in the run up to the wedding, you've just had a baby and your body has gone through a huge change. I am sure you'll look stunning on the day :D

I didn't need a drs note, just confirmation from my dr that it was ok for me to start slimming. It could have changed though (nearly 3 yrs ago - have since re-joined - again!) ;) I would give your consultant to-be a call and ask what info they need so that you can make sure you have everything you need when joining again.

Back