I hate being the new girl

Designosaur

Everybody already seems to know each other, I hate being the new person to a forum because a lot of the time my posts just get overlooked because I don't have 100+ posts. I've found the forum really interesting so far though.

So, in hope to sort of join in with everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself -

My name is Holly, my forum name is my work name (I'm a graphic designer) I'm 22 years old, from Wolverhampton area. I'm looking to lose about 8 stone to become more healthier - I have PCOS - and I started about 2 months ago (lost 1 stone so far) I did the Slimming World diet a few years ago and lost 2 stone but gradually put it back on while I was at university. I love swimming, try to go about 3 times a week.

At the moment I'm only just losing about 1lb a week, and I really need to do something to speed it up, even 2lb a week would be an improvement! Today I am sorting out a new diet plan with new meals as this one doesn't seem to be doing much for me (was on just green and original days) but I'm finding it so infuriating because I'm still living with my parents and my boyfriend untill we can afford our own place and even though I do all the cooking it's so hard to get everyone else to want to try harder to lose some weight, we're all on the slimming world diet here but my family just don't seem interested in adjusting our food pattern to make it healthier! :sigh:

Anyway, that's me! A lot of info there but I hope you will all be welcoming :)

Hiya,welcome to the forum! dont worry about being new,im fairly new as well.Only been here a few days but found everyone so welcoming :)

:welcome2:

A pound a week is fantastic. There are people on here who would love to lose a pound a week. Congratulations you are doing so well.

SW is more a healthy eating plan than a diet. It is fantastic. One pound a week is O.K. by me.

As for being the new person ............. well no one can do anything about that. You are new, but I promise you you will be helped, encouraged and supported by the lovely and wonderful people who contribute to the forum. I could not have got this far withot them, but I never hated being the new girl.

Thankyou guys, very welcoming so far!

I guess 1lb is better than nothing, but sometimes I put on weight even though I stick to the diet religiously!

I think what makes me think is not enough is because my friend started the same time as me (not doing SW) and has lost 3 and a half stone. But then I need to remind myself that he is on a really strict diet and is counting calories, and I'm doing healthy eating - so I can stick to this for years whereas he will get sick of it in a few months and go back to his old ways lol :)

Just looking at the posts it seems everyone has lost so much already! I'm only just beginning - but I've been dieting for years, I know I shouldn't think this way but I can't imagine reaching my goal.

I noticed Fillymum that you had a similar starting weight to me and similar goal weight - Did you feel the same when you were at my stage? Because you've nearly reached your goal now! How long did it take you?

Don't feel like that here! Everyone is so friendly and you'll soon get to know everyone. I've been away for a year after losing 2.5 stone and now gaining it back. I've lost touch with everyone I used to know but now I'm back so I'm in the same position! I'm virtully new too but at least you know me now!!

Everybody already seems to know each other, I hate being the new person to a forum because a lot of the time my posts just get overlooked because I don't have 100+ posts. I've found the forum really interesting so far though.

So, in hope to sort of join in with everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself -

My name is Holly, my forum name is my work name (I'm a graphic designer) I'm 22 years old, from Wolverhampton area. I'm looking to lose about 8 stone to become more healthier - I have PCOS - and I started about 2 months ago (lost 1 stone so far) I did the Slimming World diet a few years ago and lost 2 stone but gradually put it back on while I was at university. I love swimming, try to go about 3 times a week.

At the moment I'm only just losing about 1lb a week, and I really need to do something to speed it up, even 2lb a week would be an improvement! Today I am sorting out a new diet plan with new meals as this one doesn't seem to be doing much for me (was on just green and original days) but I'm finding it so infuriating because I'm still living with my parents and my boyfriend untill we can afford our own place and even though I do all the cooking it's so hard to get everyone else to want to try harder to lose some weight, we're all on the slimming world diet here but my family just don't seem interested in adjusting our food pattern to make it healthier! :sigh:

Anyway, that's me! A lot of info there but I hope you will all be welcoming :)

I'm a newbie too and although I've not had many replies I've found the information and support very helpful. Hope your weight loss journey goes well:)

Designosaur said:
Thankyou guys, very welcoming so far!

I guess 1lb is better than nothing, but sometimes I put on weight even though I stick to the diet religiously!

I think what makes me think is not enough is because my friend started the same time as me (not doing SW) and has lost 3 and a half stone. But then I need to remind myself that he is on a really strict diet and is counting calories, and I'm doing healthy eating - so I can stick to this for years whereas he will get sick of it in a few months and go back to his old ways lol :)

Hi Holly!!!

Welcome!! Everyone is really friendly, don't worry about that at all!! Well done for losing the weight you've done already!!

I know you'd like to lose weight quicker, but sw is for life!!! You should maybe think about doing a diary on here in food diary section so people can look at what your eating and guide you if your not doing the right thing. Also check out the recipe section for ideas on new foods - this really helped me as i sometimes eat repetitively!! And finally have a look at the inspiration section as you can see the journey that people have been on and what you can achieve. Yes lots of people may seem like they're almost at target, but also there's lots of new people like yourself with a lot to lose too. Good luck my lovely, you can do it!!! Xxx

I noticed Fillymum that you had a similar starting weight to me and similar goal weight - Did you feel the same when you were at my stage? Because you've nearly reached your goal now! How long did it take you?

I was good for over a year and really lost well.After a real health scare, still not gone away, I went a bit wild and regrettably gained some.

I am now back on track and losing again.

Going off plan is for idiots like me DO NOT DO IT !!!!!!

Hey, we were all new once! :D

Me? I've been here for 6 months now ... exactly 6 months actually! Wow, that's flown by!

Believe me, if no-one replies to a thread you have started it won't be personal! It might be because we are very busy Minimins or the question may have been seen and answered 50 times before ;)

Take what you want from the forum and put in what you want - I have (almost ;)) never seen a crossed word on Minimins - it is the most friendly forum I have ever come across!

Stick with the plan and you are sure to have great success! Most of all - ENJOY! It needn't be a chore and before you know it you'll be welcoming newbies and sharing your success story. :)

hello and welcome - as others have said we were all new once!!!!

Keep posting - and dont worry about 1lb a week, thats my motto!!! Keeps me going :) xxx

Hi Holly! Welcome to Mini Mins - i'm fairly new around here too.

1lb a week is fantastic, you should be really proud of yourself :D

I'm sure you'll soon find your way around here and good luck on your weight loss journey!

Hi Holly,

I've been here since spring. I was really down after regaining all the weight I'd lost a couple of years back. It had been a really stressful time for my family and I had been trying to starve myself and then binging in reaction to that. I felt I would never lose the weight again, but things picked up emotionally and with the support of this forum I've lost about 30lbs. Some of those pounds many times over, as I've wailed away on here.

Joining in on other peoples' threads and starting a diary seems to be a good way of making friends here, or that's how its worked for me. I'm sure you'll be looking back at this time in a few months, rejoicing at your new trim body, happy with a new online social group. Good luck on your journey.

Welcome!

Don't worry, there will soon be another 'new girl' along ;)

I can undertstand that it would make things difficult if your family don't want to follow the plan. Have you tried explaining to them how much this means to you and asking them to support you?

I used to lose about 3lb a week but it has slowed down over the last fortnight and I doubt that it will change this week :( I normally do EE but have done a red day today and will try my best to incorporate more red and green days next week to see if that helps. As long as I'm not gaining though, I'm happy!

Well done on your weight loss so far and good luck with getting to your target!

Hi & welcome
I notice that you started a thread asking about mixing days which didn't get a massive response. Just wanted to say that you posted ina sub forum specifically for thosr between 18&17 stone, so not as many people would have seen it hun. As fillymum says, weekends are always a bit quieter anyway.

As i understand it PCOS can adversely affect weight loss, and even if it didn't 1lb a week is not to be sniffed at. Thats about my average weight lose since i started in january. I've lost 2.5stone since then. It all adds up eventually. Its also not always the case that the more you have to loose the quicker it goes - certainly wasn't the case with me!

Good luck hun x

Back