I hate being the new girl

hi hun welcome to minimins, it will soon feel like you've always been on here so don't feel awkward we've ALL been there. i follow slimming world and love it if you do extra easy you will find you can have most the meals ur family have if having fresh meat or syn any processed stuff. good luck what ever plan you decide to do x

It's not been that long since I've been back on Minimins and I wasn't here long enough the first time to make many friends. Get involved in some of the teams and some of the challenges and you'll soon have lots of us cheering you along. As you can probably see from my sig I'm in Queensize to Princess, Juicy July, Sexy for Santa, Couch 2 5k (even though doing 10k) and I'm currently posting in 16's to 15's (though hope to be moving down in Tuesday).

As for 1lb a week once I start uni I will be happy with that. Currently trying to do a blitz to get as much off as possible before I start uni in September. You have to think of this as a long term plan. If you want to loose quickly go for a VLCD, if you want to learn to eat healthy for life go for SW. The weight loss will be slower but the whole way along you will be learning how to keep it off. 1lb is brilliant and not to be sniffed at. As others have said that's 4stone a year!!

Hi there!!!

Yes, I've been on here for what seems like an eternity (!), I've seen people come and go and I've been one of them especially chopping and changing diet plans. Everyone here is really welcoming as we are all in the same position, we all want to loose weight and be healthier.
Don't be afraid to ask anything that you are unsure of and someone will answer. Weekends are usually quiet, but there is always someone who will be around shortly.
Good luck with your journey
Xx

Thank you everyone, you're all right this does seem a very friendly forum, and I will most definitely be sticking around, I think I may start a food diary tomorrow hopefully get some tips and such :) It's also my weigh in tomorrow, although I do cheat a bit and peak at the scales during the week and this week so far isn't looking too great, but it all counts tomorrow!

Welcome to Minimins Designosaur. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!

Welcome,

Just remember a 1x52weeks = 52pounds which is a equilivant to 3 stone and 10lbs :) A lb is a good weight steady weightloss and at least it is coming down in the right direction!

Have you thought of doing a fish week ?? That was the advice given to me when I had a couple of weeks of not losing........boy did it work The following week I had lost 3 and a half pounds.

Good Luck !!!:hug99:

Hey Holly! I'm also new, although I joined about a year ago but just had a quick gander. I came back last week though. I think the thing is to try and get to know a few people by reading their blogs and stuff, that's what I've been trying to do. And I've been trying to come in here and just 'join in' with whatever conversations going on. I know what you mean though, it is hard.

Back