I HATE MY SCALES ADDICTION

size102b

Banned
OK I ADMIT IT IM SCALES ADDICTED :sigh:

Why: easy I think if I dont check daily and losing my plans not working or Im doing it wrong.

Dont: I know I know as our bodies fluculate daily .

But I cant help it.

Friday I only had 10 points all day from my 23 as personal problems made my appatite go and Id already saved 7 points in the week (I weigh Mondays)
I weighed myself yesterday Morning and the scales said Id lost 4lbs :D yesterday I had 25 points 2 over took them from the 17 that werent used.
This am I had gained 2lbs ???? How thats? pants !
This happened 2 weeks ago the same,so I suppose its not eating my points as Im doing 30mins exercise 5 days a week Im drinking 2 litres of water a day Im drinking green tea I am red hot on my points,weighing and measuring. It not totm until 2 weeks, so next week Id expect fluid retention.

Oh Im :( now xx

lm afraid you have a pal here, also serial scale hopper, dont despair hun your doing everything right so expect a good weighloss come weigh-in day

lm afraid you have a pal here, also serial scale hopper, dont despair hun your doing everything right so expect a good weighloss come weigh-in day

Thanks sasha it makes me :confused: how we can be soooo good and then gain 2lbs over night and then that makes me :cry:
I have tried to have them hidden etc but alway get them back and people say if your doing the plan 100% then it will work............. But its all confusing xx

Youre NOT gaining 2lbs overnight though thats the thing. Youd need to eat something like an extra 7000 cals to gain 2lbs.

Some people can cope with scale hopping and the results dont bother them, personally Id get rid of them. Its affecting your confidence in the diet and your frame of mind and weighing every day proves nothing at all.

Give them to someone else to keep for you.... I keep mine at my mums, and do it once a week... that way you get a true picture

Thanks starlight having a bad emotional weekend so prob not helping........
Yes I need to give them to someone else all week but have no one close?xx

Purple star my mind boggles xx

Your not alone! Its so addictive i was the same as you got the point that I was weighing myself twice a day and just depressing myslef with the results! My solution was giving them to my mum who's house i'm not at very often so have no choice but weigh in once a week at proper weigh in now. Only thing is i'm 2lb heavier on WW scales, like mine better! lol I would say just weigh in once a week somewhere you will get used to it, now it doesnt bother me xx

NOooo your not alone either im on mine every morning since last year.!

Tell you what it helps me to keep an eye on my weight.
I think i will always big addicted huh.x lol

i have to go on my wii fit and weigh in every morning when i get up, its definately addictive but i find it helps me stay on track and i dont really pay much attention to it, i just go off my weekly weigh in at meetings :) you should probably give them someone else, or even throw them away and pay 20p to get weighed at boots or something once a week??

Im the same as you biker kitty.. I go on the wii fit every morning when i wake up.
Thing is though ive noticed that if i dont put it in the same place then i either gain or lose weight so ive put a faint mark on my floor and weigh in at the same spot everyday.
When i first started off my weight went down daily it was such a great motivation for me,but now im losing 1lb a week its going slowly.
I am going to weigh in after i come back from butlins using the boots scales,50p then carry on every tuesday. The wii fit is only going to be used for exercise now :)

Im not alone praise be ;)

I did used to used boots it was good too as it had a print off and was evidence,But I went the last time and they were 7lbs heavier than mine and the lighterlife scales my daughters also weighed in 7lbs heavier? So I wont go there again :confused:
I am doing this at home alone so no meeting,have no one near to leave my scales at,oh bums maybe I should weigh in boots again they maybe working now???
Funny I have weigh in tomorrow and I am dreading it een though I am under points exercised all week and drank fluids I think I need counselling lol xx Thanks guys for replying

good luck with weigh-in tomorrow lets us know how you get on ;)

If you ignore the actual weight Boots say and focus each week on the loss, does it matter if theyre different ;) If you lose 3lbs youll lose 3lbs regardless of what your starting weight was - if you follow lol

mmmm how will I know they are 7lbs out each week they maybe more or less? Thats a splendid idea but it wasnt just me whos complained about them other people have but Boots didnt do anything,also it is in the slimming area ,someone could get on the scales and see if they should lose weight to find they are heavier than they are so buy something lol I know Im mad :eek: xx

They could vary from week to week. Scales can flunctuate, thats why ww leaders get theirs calberated every 6 weeks - yes I realise thats so not the right word - but its something like that lol! Well thats what my leader says anyway!

They could vary from week to week. Scales can flunctuate, thats why ww leaders get theirs calberated every 6 weeks - yes I realise thats so not the right word - but its something like that lol! Well thats what my leader says anyway!

something like boots electronic scales I'd imagine will be well maintained. I suppose we could say then can we trust any scales? Our own, doctors, shops? I think on the whole getting weighed at the same time every week on the same scales is going to be a good indication of your losses.

Im addicted too - 3 times a day, morning, noon and night lol. I usually find that what I weigh at night is a good indicator of what I'll weigh the next morning as I tend to drop 2lbs during the night anyway. **sigh** I dont think I'll ever beat this addiction! I'd be lost without my scales!

Back