I HATE MY SCALES!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by peagirl989, 5 January 2011 Social URL.

1. peagirl989

peagirl989 Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.97%)
    So today is my 1st day of doing sw and i weigh myself this morning so i can write down my start weight as off today. It's 2lbs more than yesterday :cry: I go back on after breakfast as i still can believe it and it says i'm 3lbs less than what it said 1st thing :sigh:

I go on, off on off (you can imagine!!!) and now its decided im not quite th 2lbs heavier than yesterday, but almost.

I don't want to say im the heavier one and think i may have a great 1st week loss when in fact i haven't, but also i dont want to go the other way and think i haven't lost any. HELP!

As i'm doing it alone do you think i should just use boots scales or something?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarahg123

sarahg123 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Definately go to boots! You will only be doubting the results on your first weigh in if not :)

My scales are the same, difference is I can gain 8 pounds in a day lol - best to chuck them out me thinks :)

x

4. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do not weigh yourself more than once a week! Your body weight fluctuates by as much as 5lbs at different points of the week producing elation or panic.

5. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

Start Weight:
    11st2.4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.4lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover/Vintage Points
    Hiya I weigh on my own scales and I've learnt to weigh myself after 5-10mins of getting up. It gives my body a chance to balance its self.

I make sure I weigh the same day each week, same time and in the same location.

If my weight seems off ... say I've gained or loss massively I will re-weigh myself. If it shows another weight I will weight one more time and usually that confirms my weight. I try to never weigh myself more than three times. I do know how you feel I've had a few times where my scales are off and then can't get excited if I've had a loss.

If you feel you can't trust your scales, then I'd go to boots following the same rules as above.

Good Luck

6. curlygirl2

curlygirl2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would use the scales in boots. I weighed myself at the gym yesterday and I am just going to weigh myself on those every Tuesday.

You should never go on your scales more than once a week, as you have already found out your weight can go up and down. If you had been really really good all week and you got on your scales and it was showing you hadn't lost (when really you had if you left it to your weigh in day) then you could jepordise everything and wolf the hole lot of your fridge down cause you'd be so p'd off.

Lesley x

7. Vanilla

Vanilla Wanna Be Skinny

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    3 years ago on LL and CD now W2Go
    Why don't you get the Doctors Scale hun there are on sale in Argos and there are reliable

8. jellibabe

jellibabe Full Member

Diet:
    S&S
    Bin/hide and go to boots :)

My scales are hid under the ironing pile

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.