I HATE SHOPS !!!!

MandyJ72

:cry:

Wanted to get myself some new 3/4 length trousers and some shorts for our holiday (go a week on Monday) and have held off until I was quite near going away as I knew I would change shape and stuff.

My size 22 clothes are really lose on me and feel like they are falling off, so OK, I've gone down to a size 20 - except none of them fit!!

Been round all the shops - M&S, BHS, Mackays, Bon Marche and either can't find anything I like or it doesn't fit!

Im not buying more size 22s when I already have them and they are too lose, but how come some of the size 20s don't even fasten up!!

The size 22 jeans I got at Christmas in M&S (I was surprised as I thought I may have needed the 24 as sometimes I am one or the other) are really baggy and when they have been worn for 1 day are too big, but the size 20s I had on in stuff today either didn't fasten or gave me a wedgey!!

And don't even mention swim suits - they make me look pregnant!! Been in floods of tears already, it's not fair - I've worked b****y hard to lose this stone & a half and exercise and feels like why did I bother!

DH says he's surprised the 20s are not fitting as I have lost loads from round my tummy (we were joking because I can now see my feet!) but yet can't get clothes to fit.

OK, rant over (sorry everyone) - someone pass the SF chocolate!!

M
xx

Awww, big hugs Mandy! Shop sizing does suck, most places vary so vastly! Plus you'd think if one size is too big the next size down would fit, but I'm in the same position as you at the moment. Bought the next size down in jeans but too tight, or they do up and I end up with a muffin top to end all muffin tops! Seriously it's BAD, I couldn't go out the house like that! I'd probably pass out anyway being as they are so tight! So I'm wearing baggy clothes at the mo, not fair so I do sympathize with you esp as you wanted new stuff to go on your hols. But I bet you'll be down a size really soon, so keep up the great work.

you poor thing. I know only too well what its like when u go shopping and nothing fits right. your obviously right in the middle of the 22/20. it sucks doesnt it? im usually an 18 and there getting slack, but theres no way a 16 would even do up, never mind let me breath in them!!
Anyway, keep your chin up. just think how bad you would of felt if you hadnt of been dieting/excercising, then you would probably of been squeezing into your size 22's for your hols and feeling more depresssed!!..At least you feel the benifits, and your dh has obviously noticed as well. well done for the stone and a half weight loss. its totally worth it. now no more beating yourself up!!:copon:
soon those 20's will be too big, and you will be squeezing into 18's. we will get there!!!:grouphugg:
Linda xx

Back