I have a question

Wishfairies

I know this probably sounds a dumb question but here goes.

Can you half a HEB and have something else different later?

I only fancied 1 slice of toast this morning. But then I fancied some Ryvita crackerbread the wholegrain one, so I had 3 of them (normally 6 per HEB).

Would that work?

technically you're not supposed to, but if you lose weight doing it, keep doing it til it stops.

Why's that hun? I would of thought a B choice was given it's status by amount of fibre? So surely getting the same amount of fibre from two sources is fine?

Or do you have inside info? :p

I was told the above by my consultant - if the combinations aren't in the book there must be a reason - if the combination you're using is working for you, go ahead and use it - if the combination you're using stops working, or you start to gain and that HEb split that you're doing is the only thing you're doing that's off-plan, my C says to stop it and revert to the book and do what it says.

Personally I wouldn't do it. Like how people have the Hovis 60g rolls cos it's the closest they can find to a 57g wholemeal roll. Those rolls have 1.5g of sat fat in them, compared to the 0.2g of sat fat in a 57g tesco healthy living roll. Ditto the reason why some health bars are on there and some aren't.

If the syn value of the products you are splitting adds up to no more than 6, then I reckon there wouldn't be anything really wrong with it.

Those Hovis rolls are 7.5 syns each, by the way! Who's been having them as a B and having their full 15 syns as well? You've been having 16.5 if that's you!

And soforth...

EDIT: Oh and check the actual fibre content of your new combination against the original combination too. Blah.

Ah you do have inside info! OK fair point then, I agree with what you've said and I apply my rule for everything to this: if it's not affecting your losses, don't change it, if it is, do :)

if it's not affecting your losses, don't change it, if it is, do

AHhhHhhhAhhhhHhhh *done in that Godly light shining way like in the movies* and my work here is done! :p :p :p

The official SW big wigs would tell you no unless it explicity says (cereal and crispbread combinations for example) However if you do it and it doesn't effect your loss then why not!

Tis true, our consultant even mentioned this last night when someone said she was splitting her B's - one Alpen light and one slice of bread (400g loaf). She said if it wasn't on the list it wasn't a B....

Just like all of us who don't have the scan bran or ryvita you are supposed to have with your cereal, that's not officially a B as you are not getting enough fibre, but how many of us do that??? I'm guilty your honour.

I don't think it matters much. I like to take the most relaxed and natural approach possible to my diet. That way I'm more likely to stick to it.

Just found this on slimming world website. Under the faqs.

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice. With all single item choices, feel free!

Ooh great post! I was wondering about this two. I think the main one for me is my milk. Today I've not had cereal and I don't really want to syn the milk I've had in my cups of tea but if I could use it as half a HEA and then have half of something else (e.g. cheese) that would be great! I don't just want to have the rest of my milk allowance purely to make up the numbers.

I've had a couple of fat free yoghurts today so it shouldn't be detrimental to my calcium intake.

Just found this on slimming world website. Under the faqs.

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice. With all single item choices, feel free!

Ooooooh well found you!

Back