I have a theory

BIG BIRDY

Silver Member
I have been thinking as to why we have good losses and then sts, especially on AAM weeks. Last year I looked into a diet that was meant to alkalyse the blood. Todays diets tends to be very acidic and acid making. Blood is slightly alkaline. It doesn't like acid. So when we put ouselves into an acidic state with the keto ACIDOSIS the blood still works, but it ain't too happy. But we have great weight losses so we are! Then comes AAM week, and what do we do? We feed it alkaline green salads and veg, and pure 100% lean protein(no acidic fats). So that could make us less acidic couldn't it? I must admit I haven't researched this before posting, but someone somewhere might have a say on this.

That's very interesting stuff!

Nikki
**crosses arms**
Please dont spoil my fun in thinking that I have a pile of CD packs within my body morphing into some kind of CD Monstor which will be expelled at some time in the not too distant future....
I cannot - no will not accept that there is a logical, rational explanation!
**stamps foot**

Isn't ketoacidosis different to Ketosis though? I thought ketoacidosiswas a dangerous state to be in caused by type 1 diabetes. I could be wrong....but yes we could have more of an acidic blood on SS. So do you lose more weight with acidic blood?

Helenxx

Sorry ketoacidosis is diabetes....I have diabetes on the brain from work.
I did try the ph balancing diet where you eat alot of raw foods (veggies) drink wheatgrass, and eat mostly alkalysing foods and the weight did fall off. Quickly too. I didn't have the way of life to maintain it as noone else here would do it! There is alot of published literature about weight loss abd PH, so it was just a thought that is what we could be doing to our bodies however unintentional.

That's really interesting Nikki, and definately worth looking into for maintenance, so the more alkaline the better. Oooh but I just love vinegar!

Helenx

i havent really got anything to contribute to this, i just had to come into this thread cos the title was so interesting!

That's really interesting Nikki, and definately worth looking into for maintenance, so the more alkaline the better. Oooh but I just love vinegar!

Helenx
Aha, not sure of vinegar, but I have a list somewhere. But lemon and limes are a very alkaline food despite being acidic. Fooled me too. Tomatoes are alkaline raw, but acidic cooked. All meat is acidic, some fish is neutral. Most diets are acid making, and I think this CD/LL/ETC is too, So when we then alter the balance with other foods who knows what is happening. Justhere and looked around some other sites, only found 1 reference to ketosis and ph! It was only a thought of mine as to why we lose and gain for no reason.

Back