Can anyone tell me why I am not loosing weight?(Exante)

Exante86

Can anyone tell me why am not losing weight on Exante?

Okay,I have to admit that I have not been 100% on Exante.

I started my journey for weeks ago with a re-feed week on the third week as I had guests over,yes I have to admit that I went wild!

On the re-feed week or week where I am eating I ended up with the temptation of fish and chips pizza ribs and chips and fatty coleslaw!

I currently weigh 13.6, it is my restart week on VLCD shakes however I am not experiencing the dramatic weight losses,that most people have I feel that because when I weighed myself a few weeks ago according to the scales I was apparently 14.9 but my housemate had brought to my attention that my scales are wrong so I went to my doctor and weighed myself there and I was 13.6

I never even lost weight I believe even before my guests arrive I have to state that I am extremely active And I find it difficult to lose weight anyways. I have PCOS and I can understand that is difficult to lose weight but also it's not impossible!

I started Exante again this Monday and am wondering if I am just not consuming enough calories for my active life style? I run and walk a lot I do exercise dvds such as 30 Day Shred levels 1-2-3 all in the day,go swimming once a week and meet my 10,000 a day step count.
Has my body just gone to that so called 'setting point' where whatever I do to loose weight it doesn't wanna budge or I have gained muscle with that theory that you loose a pound of fat and have a pound of muscle back with vigorous daily activities and exercise or I simply am not eating enough calories? some days I eat extra protein such as jerky,chicken and piece of cheese but assume I burn these all off anyways. I have approx 6-7 weeks to loose a stone or stone and a half and anything extra would be a bonus but no weight loss! So I feel so close to giving up,seriously!

Help!

Hey Exante86,

Are you on the total solution? I feel like you are doing too much exercise for this type of diet! Your body will work differently when you are on a VLCD and doing hard exercise. Your body may be retaining water because your muscles are being over exerted with not enough calories consumed. Also i think protein is processed differently when on ketosis.

What i would advise is doing less exercise and sticking to the diet 100% for one week and see what happens. If that doesn't work i would say maybe go down the route of a different type of diet plan/programme.

If that's the case, and seeing that you have no problem doing hard exercise i would definitely recommend doing Joe wicks 90 SSS programme (Lean in 15) or maybe get a personal trainer who will write you a nutrition plan and also an exercise plan! This is what i plan to do once i finish exante. Also they aren't that expensive when you break it down and also how important health is! The lean in 15 plan is about £130 and personal trainer with meal and exercise plan is about £100 month but you won't need them forever!

Hope this helps,

James

Hey Exante86,

Are you on the total solution? I feel like you are doing too much exercise for this type of diet! Your body will work differently when you are on a VLCD and doing hard exercise. Your body may be retaining water because your muscles are being over exerted with not enough calories consumed. Also i think protein is processed differently when on ketosis.

What i would advise is doing less exercise and sticking to the diet 100% for one week and see what happens. If that doesn't work i would say maybe go down the route of a different type of diet plan/programme.

If that's the case, and seeing that you have no problem doing hard exercise i would definitely recommend doing Joe wicks 90 SSS programme (Lean in 15) or maybe get a personal trainer who will write you a nutrition plan and also an exercise plan! This is what i plan to do once i finish exante. Also they aren't that expensive when you break it down and also how important health is! The lean in 15 plan is about £130 and personal trainer with meal and exercise plan is about £100 month but you won't need them forever!

Hope this helps,

James

This is exactly what I was thinking! I think I am definitely consuming to little calories so I will experiment not doing too much exercise which will be tough as I still have it in my head move more loose weight quicker! But that's not always the case when it comes to furlong the body. I will try to only stick to the twenty minutes a day recommended on total solution and also if that doesn't work try the other plans either man plan or flexible or can't remember the other one.

Thanks again!

This is exactly what I was thinking! I think I am definitely consuming to little calories so I will experiment not doing too much exercise which will be tough as I still have it in my head move more loose weight quicker! But that's not always the case when it comes to furlong the body. I will try to only stick to the twenty minutes a day recommended on total solution and also if that doesn't work try the other plans either man plan or flexible or can't remember the other one.

Thanks again!

Yeah i would recommend the bare minimum on the exercise front! Literally just walking for 30 minutes or so. Also drink 3-4 litres of water a day which i'm sure you do already! I am currently on the man plan (as i am male haha) But i read a study that said once you hit ketosis on a VLCD, it doesn't matter if you consume 600 or 800 calories, it will still be the same loss!

Also something i always recommend is to not rely totally on the Exante products! I have always read for optimal Ketosis you should eat under 30g carbs a day. With Exante each of there products have around 20g of carbs in them! So you are consuming 60g carbs a day which might not be putting you in Ketosis. This might be another reason you are not losing weight because you might just be stuck in starvation mode! So i definitely recommend only having 1/2 Exante products and eating other low-carb foods. Also it is so easy to get bored and sick of their products!

With Ketosis you want to have high fats, medium protein and low carbs. Fat is the next best energy source for us humans as it is easier to break down than protein. So don't be afraid to have high fat foods - It's better! I'll throw a few recommendations here:

1 Piece of bacon and 2 eggs (180-220 calories - 2g of carbs)
Chicken breast with green pepper and tomato (6g carbs - 200 calories)
Tuna with 50g avocado and some nando's sauce (5g carbs - 200 calories)
Walnuts 30g - (4g carbs - 200 calories)

There are loads of foods you can have which makes it more maintainable and fun! Experiment with getting your carbs below 30g and you may be surprised! Also i literally have no hunger any more!

Best of luck :)

@TheHound I'm new to Exante - in my first week. Haven't even weighed myself yet! What you've written bout Ketosis and the carb content of the Exante products is really interesting. I'm currently having 3 Exante products per day - 2 shakes 1 bar. But now that I've seen your food options i think I'll start introducing them from week 2 or 3 depending on my weight loss after week 1! So happy I joined this forum now!! Will keep ye updated on my progress and I look forward to seeing all of yours!

@TheHound I'm new to Exante - in my first week. Haven't even weighed myself yet! What you've written bout Ketosis and the carb content of the Exante products is really interesting. I'm currently having 3 Exante products per day - 2 shakes 1 bar. But now that I've seen your food options i think I'll start introducing them from week 2 or 3 depending on my weight loss after week 1! So happy I joined this forum now!! Will keep ye updated on my progress and I look forward to seeing all of yours!

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on taking the leap to ketosis! :) It honestly makes so much difference, especially when you get to week 3 as that is when it starts to become more difficult with the diet. You start to lose motivation because the food becomes so boring and repetitive. You just have to trust that other food can be eaten and not have to rely on the exante products.

Every week i am learning more about the keto diet and what foods i can experiment with! I have added in Babybel's (any kind of cheese is great) pepperami's, cottage cheese etc. Last night i had steak, egg and chopped tomatoes! went down a treat. So i think when my exante products have been used, i am just going to transition to regular keto foods! Will probably work out cheaper.

Look forward to seeing your results!

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on taking the leap to ketosis! :) It honestly makes so much difference, especially when you get to week 3 as that is when it starts to become more difficult with the diet. You start to lose motivation because the food becomes so boring and repetitive. You just have to trust that other food can be eaten and not have to rely on the exante products.

Every week i am learning more about the keto diet and what foods i can experiment with! I have added in Babybel's (any kind of cheese is great) pepperami's, cottage cheese etc. Last night i had steak, egg and chopped tomatoes! went down a treat. So i think when my exante products have been used, i am just going to transition to regular keto foods! Will probably work out cheaper.

Look forward to seeing your results!

Ya its great to see the diet and weight loss doesn't have to stop just because the Exante products are finished. Great way to reintroduce yourself to food too - By not cancelling it out completely! I'm sure this way I won't be too tempted to cheat. I much prefer savoury food so just drinking those sweet shakes and sticky bars would throw me over the edge at some stage. But having one hot meal with meat, eggs or cheese (yum!) will def keep the motivation alive! Do you have any website suggestions that I could read up on? Get some keto recipe or food ideas?

Thanks a lot :)

Back