I have decided to join!

5sttogo

Hi all posted earlier about moving from the vlcd Cambridge plan, there is nothing wrong at all with the diet i have lost weight and it does work however i have decided to do SW as my hubby will do it with me too. The loses maybe slower but hopefully i will make habits that will change the way we eat for life i dont see sw as a diet more of an education of how to eat, and me and the oh both need that!

I cant get to a group till monday so if anyone has any yummy recipes till then let us know :)

Sam xx

There's a thread on here Petes recipes it had loads of great ideas just click on it and you will be subscribed to it..

Welcome and good luck to you and ur OH . :)

Thanks hunny i know i will prob gain the first few weeks after being on the vlcd but i looking forward to living a healthy lifestyle, i will check the thread out and get my mouth watering xx

There are 3 threads I find really useful for inspiration and ideas: "what's for breakfast", "what's for lunch" and "what's for tea"! They're full of interesting and varied ideas dating back years. Often include links to full recipes as well. It's so interesting to see what others are doing and the new things they're discovering. Very inspiring! Good luck!

Also my biggest tip for doing SW - be prepared!!!

Thanks hun i did not relise it was so expensive online so we will prob just use this forum and pick up the books second hand how many syns should me 5,7", 17st 4lb and oh 6,2" 17, 13lb?

Sam xx

Thanks hun i did not relise it was so expensive online so we will prob just use this forum and pick up the books second hand how many syns should me 5,7", 17st 4lb and oh 6,2" 17, 13lb?

Sam xx

SW recommend 15 syns a day.

It might be worth a trip to your GP to see if you can get SW on referral - after about 6 weeks, I got it on referral so I get 12 weeks free :D! At least if you do it that way, you'll get up to date books and 3 months to learn the plan properly. Plus, I have found Image Therapy to be invaluable. You'll have the online membership and access to recipes, syns online, etc. If after the 12 weeks you can't afford to continue going, at least you'll have a good grasp of the plan to continue going it alone!

Good luck with your journey! Whichever way you decide to do it, I'm sure you and your OH will both do great!

It's between 5-15 syns a day, but the general consensus seems to be to eat at the higher end of that at the start and then as you get closer to target you can slowly start to reduce syns if you need a boost when you get thinner :) I'm 11 st 10 and I still eat between 10-15 syns a day. Will reduce soon though I think. There's so much advice on this forum, worth having a good look around. There are lots of threads for newbies and lots of advice on how to get going and new recipes. Enjoy! SW rocks x

Thanks everyone we are kind of in between at the moment i would like group but oh might not i might just do group myself lol and oh can do home i will be his image therapy :)

Sam xx

Welcome! :) I'd recommend going to group at least once so you can get all the books and have the plan explained to you. It's really easy - but at the same time it does take a little bit of time to get your head around it! I have lost my weight so far online and am now a group member - and enjoying it!

I would say go to group too. So much info and you build up friendships and its a really nice social time as well if yr consultant is good and motivating. You will gets loads of support as well. Happy S W slimming :)

Back